St George’s Church of England Foundation School are looking to appoint a Mathematics Teacher and are flexible on start dates. We are looking for someone to start as early as April 2020 or as late as September 2020. NQTs and current PGCEs are welcome to apply, as are those with a wealth of experience.
If you would like to work for a school that provides a supportive and innovative environment, are an inspiring, creative and energetic Mathematics teacher who can motivate our pupils to achieve their full potential then we want to hear from you! St George’s is a mixed all-through school, judged as Good by Ofsted and seeking to appoint an aspiring practitioner to support our vision that “Every moment, every day, every individual counts”.
We welcome newly qualified staff as well as those who have a wealth of experience to join our school.
We believe we offer “A broad, stimulating and enjoyable curriculum that engages, motivates and challenges all pupils, giving them the knowledge, skills and understanding to grow as individuals, preparing them for the next stage in their lives”.
St George’s is a successful, oversubscribed school where achievement is rising rapidly, all we want is to provide the best possible education for our pupils.
We have a focus on wellbeing for staff and pupils and are constantly striving to keep a fair work/life balance.
- St George’s is unique in that we have a 2 week October break rather than space our teacher training days across the year and have CPD sessions after school on a Monday.
- Staff are able to finish at the earlier time of 2.40 p.m. on Friday and pupils at KS3 & KS4 are dismissed at 2.30 p.m. every day allowing an hour 3 nights a week for staff to plan, mark and meet as a department.
WHAT OFSTED SAY
Our most recent Ofsted inspection notes:
- “Staff morale is extremely high. They are overwhelmingly positive about working at St George’s.”
- “There is a safe, nurturing environment in both primary and secondary phases.”
- “Pupils are very positive about their school.”
- “The behaviour of pupils is outstanding.”
- “Leaders at every level share high aspirations for all pupils.”
WHAT WE OFFER
• Working in outstanding facilities, we offer a 2.40 p.m. finish on a Friday and more than the minimum PPA. Plus, you will have 3 hours a week directed time, either directed by the Director of subject or time to plan and mark;
• A structured induction day providing further insight into St George’s vision and procedures/expectations along with a tour of the school and time in the department to further discuss the role;
• Located in the beautiful coastal town of Broadstairs within the District of Thanet, we boast a central location with affordable housing.
Our Mathematics department will provide you with a rewarding environment in which you will thrive and deliver high quality teaching in a collaborative setting.
As a Mathematics Teacher at KS3, KS4 and KS5 you will:
• Plan and teach lessons and sequences of lessons to the classes you are assigned within the context of the School’s plans, curriculum and schemes of work;
• Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of school’s policies, practices and procedures in such a way as to support the school’s vision and values;
• Assess, monitor, record and report on the learning needs, progress and achievements of assigned pupils.
YOU WILL NEED
To be successful in this role you will have:
• A relevant Degree and/or teaching qualification;
• A commitment to fostering all aspects of the assigned subject across the curriculum;
• Good organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines and targets.
We can only consider applications received in the school format, we are unable to accept CVs.
St George’s Church of England Foundation School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants.
Should we receive sufficient applications before the closing date, we reserve the right to shortlist earlier than the closing date.
Closing date: 20th February 2020