Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936
Position: Mathematics Teacher (Teaching 7-9)
Tenure: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date: Term 1 2020
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
St Joseph's Catholic School, Cloncurry is a co-educational school with an enrolment of 150 students from Prep to Year 9. Cloncurry is located approximately 800km west of Townsville. St Joseph’s is a friendly and supportive environment which has a unique sense of community where parents, staff and students value and respect each other. Involvement of all families, the parish and wider community into the life of the school is strongly encouraged and invited.
As part of our teaching team, we will provide a supportive, flexible working environment where care for all our staff is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking a passionate Mathematics Teacher to join our team on a permanent basis teaching Junior Secondary Years 7-9. This position is to commence Term 1 2020.
The Mathematics Teacher is responsible to the Principal through the relevant members of the College Leadership Team and the Faculty Leader
- For the development and implementation for the designated areas of curriculum;
- For the students, fellow employees and his/her health, safety and welfare;
- For the maintenance any place or equipment designated or chosen for specific activities.
To join in this vibrant school community, you'll need:
- Innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Established knowledge of, and experience in, curriculum initiatives
- Highly developed collaborative or distributed leadership skills that will enable and empower others to collaborate effectively to achieve the outcomes
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents and staff
- QCT registration or ability obtain
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive Salary starting from $70,080 - $100,936
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Support for you in a rural community
- Additional pay remuneration for teaching at remote schools
- IPRASS and ITAS Incentives
- Extra Travel Days and extra Emergent Leave
- Reasonable relocation costs
- Housing assistance and rental cost assistance
- Dedicated support teams at each school to assist new teachers
- Scholarship programs for further study
- Flexible working conditions
- Leadership programs
- Opportunities to advance career
- Have a look at our incentives here: Cloncurry
Why work with Townsville Education Office
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Upload your current resume including referee's
- Complete a covering letter outlining your reasons for the application of the position and your suitability for the position you are applying for.
Applications close 4pm Thursday 5th December 2019.