"Mathematics is the language with which God wrote the universe" - Galileo
Our Lady's Catholic College is a successful comprehensive school with an excellent sixth form provision situated in Lancaster, Lancashire. We are growing in popularity and currently oversubscribed due to recent improvements not only in results but also in pupils’ behaviour. Parents recognise the excellent standard of pastoral care and we have a culture of high expectations resulting in a happy school to work and learn in.
We belong to a Catholic Teaching Alliance and have a sharp focus on research based CPD which allows our staff to engage in the current approaches to understand how learning takes place. This inspires our staff to give the best possible learning experience to enable our pupils to be more effective learners.
If you would like to be part of our success story please read on:
We are looking for
- A teacher who has a mastery of their subject and a passion to ignite enthusiasm and intellectual curiosity in our pupils
- A teacher who understands the process of learning and is committed to their own continuing professional development
- A teacher who will carry out a range of assessment strategies and provide high quality feedback to pupils that will enable them to make at least good progress
- A teacher whose positivity will inspire and motivate students to lifelong learning, raise their expectations and enable them to embrace opportunities beyond their current experience
- A teacher to be an integral part of our Catholic community and establish good relationships, with pupils, parent and staff, that are built on the Gospel values
What we can offer you
- A strong family ethos with a happy and harmonious environment actively promoted by school leaders
- The opportunity to teach year 12 and 13 in our sixth form centre
- Well-equipped classrooms including five bespoke I.C.T. suites
- Comprehensive P.E. facilities with a climbing wall, sports hall, gym and dance studio
- The opportunity to be involved in a wide range of social activities with our school community: Tone-up Thursdays, Football Fridays, talent shows, park walks, running group, family barbecues, well-being group, book club ... and we're always open to suggestions for more!
- Discounts at LCC’s leisure centre, local bars and restaurants
For more information, please refer to the attached documents and the ‘learn more about this school’ link at the bottom of this page.
Starting date - September 2021
Closing date - Monday 18th January 2021 at 12 noon.
Interviews - Friday 22nd January 2021
Please apply via the 'quick apply' link - you can apply this way, even if you do not currently have a TES account.
Our Lady's Catholic College
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years