Park High School is a fantastic place to work and develop as a teacher. We’d love you to come and join us!
We are now seeking to appoint a colleague who shares our passion for learning and our determination to change lives through the education we provide.
Applications from both experienced and Newly Qualified Teachers would be warmly welcomed. NQTs can join us for two weeks’ paid induction in July.
“Teachers have outstanding subject knowledge and use imaginative and stimulating resources. They are very skilful at showing students how to work independently and think for themselves and at giving them time to work together and share their understanding.” Ofsted
Appointment for September 2019
Outer London payscale
Closing date: Tuesday 23 April 2019
Details and application forms may be downloaded from the school's website or may be made online.
We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher who wants to join an excellent department. This post is suitable either for a teacher who is currently in training (NQT) or someone who would like to widen their experience, someone who will embrace the opportunities of working in a leading edge school. This post offers real opportunities for professional and career development.
Park High is an 11-18 mixed multi-ethnic comprehensive school of almost 1600 students, situated in the London Borough of Harrow. There are very high achievement levels and excellent facilities. Ofsted (2013) judged the school outstanding in all areas and in early 2014 we were designated a National Teaching School.
We can offer:
• An exciting learning environment where challenging, innovative and engaging learning is at the core of all we do.
• An award winning vibrant school which continues to achieve extremely high standards, both in Harrow and beyond.
• A genuine and active pursuit of well-being for all members of our community.
• Outstanding outcomes with a significantly positive Progress 8 score and zero NEETS.
• Students who exhibit excellent behaviour for learning and a desire to acquire knowledge and improve themselves.
• A supportive, enthusiastic and inspiring within which team to grow and develop.
• An opportunity to develop your craft of teaching across three Key Stages.
2. Curriculum, staffing and resources
The successful candidate will be part of a strong team of 16 staff, all of whom are qualified mathematicians.
Mathematics is taught in seven purpose built rooms, each incorporating an interactive whiteboard and data projector. In addition to the head of department and second in department there are raising achievement leaders in Years 7 & 8 and Key Stage 5.
In Years 7 and 8 students are taught in mixed ability groups. In Years 9, 10 and 11 students are divided into two sets and the other students are taught in parallel groups. At Key Stage 4 students follow the Edexcel Linear course and results are outstanding.
At Key Stage 5, 70% of our students study A level mathematics and follow the Edexcel A level course. The school is in the top twenty of schools nationally for the percentage of female students to choose to study A Level mathematics.
3. Staff development
Park High School recognises that its staff are our greatest resource and so we invest time and effort into everyone’s professional development. We offer an extensive programme of professional development, which offers a whole range of opportunities for colleagues to develop their potential within and beyond Park High School. Professional development underpins all our work.
Staff development is widely regarded as “leading edge”: we have strong partnerships with universities and other higher education institutions and we actively support our staff in pursuing Masters and other higher qualifications.
“Park High School has an incredibly strong developmental culture, with a real focus on investing in staff to better student outcomes. It is highly valued by staff and brilliantly led, with positive support from the Headteacher and senior leadership who are also quick to advocate its importance within school.” TDT Audit 2018
4. Tutor role
All staff are involved in the tutorial system, most as tutors with tutor groups. This is an important part of our work.
We are committed to the delivery of Personal Social Health Citizenship & Economic education (PSHCEe) which all teachers as tutors are expected to teach. As part of a whole-school approach, PSHCEe develops the qualities and attributes pupils need to thrive both as individuals and members of society. We have a high quality provision of PSHCEe at Park which has been recognised nationally.
Extensive support and CPD is provided for practitioners of the subject. Teaching this subject provides an invaluable opportunity to further develop your pastoral provision as a tutor, in addition to growing professionally by participating in the delivery of our outstanding provision.
5. Person specification
We will be looking for the following:
1. Appropriate academic qualifications (to degree level), QTS and the ability to teach mathematics throughout the school.
2. Successful experience as a teacher of mathematics in a current post or during teaching practices (NQT) and both the ability and drive to develop further.
3. Ability to work and learn in a collaborative, innovative team with high standards committed to raising expectations and achievement of all students.
4. Evidence of excellent communication and organisational skills.
5. A good understanding of the mathematics curriculum and the changes in GCE/GCSE assessments.
6. The willingness to teach a second subject if required.
7. Evidence of being able to build and sustain effective working relationships with staff, Governors, parents and the wider community.
8. The ability to contribute to the wider work of the school, including our work as tutors and other activities.
9. Flexibility and adaptability in order to be able to mix and work with a wide range of people and a commitment to equality and diversity.
10. A commitment to professional development.
11. To be alert and active on issues relating to student welfare and child protection
If you are a genuinely passionate and committed teacher who wants to work in a school where teaching is a pleasure, and in a school that puts learning at the heart of all it does, then we look forward to receiving your application.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and the successful applicant must provide satisfactory references and will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.