Saint Dominic’s International School is a long established school offering the three academic programs of the International Baccalaureate, PYP, MYP and DP. We are fully accredited by NEASC and member of CIS.
We are a true international school, with 42 nationalities represented amongst our student body, and 15 nationalities amongst the teaching staff.
The students at Saint Dominic’s are enthusiastic, respectful and keen to learn. They are supported by parents who are involved and engaged in their child’s progress.
Portugal is a beautiful country and Lisbon is one of the most desirable places to live in Europe at the moment. It is an incredibly safe city and there is a wide variety of activities outside of work.
To find out more about Saint Dominic’s, please visit our website: https://www.dominics-int.org/
We are seeking a Mathematics Teacher to integrate a committed, determined, and collaborative team. The candidate should be capable of teaching either the MYP or DP courses.
The successful candidate will;
• have experience in teaching Mathematics at middle and high school levels. Having experience in teaching the IB curriculum is an advantage, but it is not a requirement
• be able to engage students at all levels
• be willing to play an active part and collaborate with the other members of the school community, both within the Mathematics department and with other departments, in developing the overall school curriculum
• be committed to high standards, interested in using a constructivist approach to learning, and be enthusiastic about promoting international understanding
• be expected to show a high level of initiative, flexibility, creativity, resilience, and organizational skills
A full job description and person specification can be found below
If you feel you have the profile above, please send us your CV as well as a commentary of a maximum of 400 words on the following statement:
“Learning Mathematics in the 21st century is not about solving equations. Developing ATL skills is critical to make sense of the world and how mathematics is applied”.
We will acknowledge receipt of all applications. Short listed candidates will be asked to provide three professional referees.
Saint Dominic’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and operates child protection screening which includes contacting previous employers and Disclosure and Barring checks.
Please note carefully the deadline of 12 noon GMT on 28 February 2021
St. Dominic's international School, Portugal
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years