We are currently looking for Secondary School Mathematics teacher to join the International School of London
The International School of London was originally founded in 1972 and was amongst the first schools in the country to offer the International Baccalaureate programme. The school is currently growing and a number of new initiatives, including the recent acquisition of new premises for the IB Diploma, are underway. The successful candidate would be expected to play a key role in the development of the school. There is a strong commitment to the on-going professional training of all staff and for providing leadership development at all levels.
The post would include the teaching of mathematics in the IB Middle Years Programme and IB Diploma Programme. As the Head of Department you would be responsible for the continuing growth and delivery of the Mathematics programme within the secondary school and work collaboratively to lead a team of 4 mathematics teachers to ensure the successful delivery of the Mathematics curriculum.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience teaching Mathematics to pre-university level students (ages 16-19) with recent IB Diploma teaching experience a distinct advantage
- The ability to teach Mathematics in the Middle School (ages 11-16)
- Proven capacities to work with international students and support students for whom English is not their mother tongue
- Demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the classroom
- Previous experience with the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) would also be highly desirable
The position would commence in January 2018 and be fixed term until August 2018, with the possibility to extend the contract.
International School London is committed to safeguarding children and will ensure that recruitment procedures adhere to safer recruitment guidance. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced UK Disclosure and Barring Service check and/or equivalent overseas police check where relevant.
How to apply
The recruitment process is being handled by TIC Recruitment on behalf of ISL London. For further information on the school itself please visit the TIC landing page at www.ticrecruitment.com/isl/london . To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is 15th October 2017 but early applications are encouraged.
For enquiries please telephone TIC Recruitment on +44 (0) 2920 212083.