Founded in 1971 and opened as a family-oriented British School, Hastings was one of the first of its kind in Madrid. Today, we are based across five sites in central Madrid and have nearly 1000 students. Hastings School follows the National Curriculum for England and also teaches in Spanish the two compulsory subjects indicated by the Spanish Ministry of Education.
The School follows a creative, topic based curriculum in Primary, with a global focus. Secondary students are prepared for IGCSE examinations, AS and A Levels within the British system as well as Spanish university examinations.
What we are Looking for
Hastings School is looking to appoint a full time Secondary Teacher of Mathematics/Further Mathematics from 1st September 2018 to work at our Lorenzo Tendero site. The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level in Mathematics and hold a UK approved PGCE
- Have a minimum of two years experience teaching Mathematics to KS3, IGCSE, and AS/A2 level
- Be able to demonstrate evidence of excellent exam outcomes
- Have strong IT skills (including VLEs, Microsoft classroom, touch-screen casting and the SIMS MIS system)
- Have experience in tracking pupil progress using baseline data
What we can offer
- The opportunity to work in a centre with a reputation for academic excellence in the dynamic, cultural city of Madrid
- Confident, resilient, welcoming students
- Lively, committed staff
To apply for the role please send a completed application form to email@example.com by 20 July 2018. (Please refer to the job title in the subject line)
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.