· Work in the beautiful Whitsundays
· Positive Christian environment
· Community of Shalom
Our Prep to Year 12 College is a non-denominational, co-educational day school that provides quality learning experiences for our young people within a supportive and caring Christian environment. In 2017 Whitsunday Christian College was the leading school in the Whitsundays for academics with 70% of OP students gaining between OP 1-7, including OP’s of 1,2 and 3.
Whitsunday Christian College is currently seeking a full time Mathematics Teacher (Maternity Leave 6 months) to commence Tuesday, July 17, 2018.
The Mathematics teacher has the responsibility of teaching Senior Mathematics B and Middle School Mathematics.
Responsible for providing high-quality education to students, the preferred candidate will meet the following selection criteria:
· Team player
· Shows initiative
· Excellent understanding of the Australian Curriculum and Syllabus documentation
· Ability to support students through differentiation to meet individual learning needs
· Excellent teaching practice in Mathematics with an excellent knowledge of pedagogical theory and possess a strong commitment to Christian Education and student learning
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Personal views that align with the Christian ethos of the College and active church involvement
· Registered or able to be registered in Queensland with QCT.
A role description for this position is available on request.
Start Date: Tuesday, July 17, 2018
Applications for this position must be submitted using the Teacher Application form, which can be downloaded from the College website:
Applications close Monday, March 19, 2018
Only applicants who complete the official school application form will be considered.
Please send your completed Application for Employment form to:
Whitsunday Christian College
PO Box 967
Cannonvale QLD 4802