Location: Braddon, ACT
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary Range: $71,428 to $119,707 + Superannuation (based on skills and experience)
Start Date: January, 2022
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Thursday 23 September, 2021
Merici College is an all girls’ 7-12 Catholic college committed to excellence in the education of girls, striving to assist all students to develop their potential academically, spiritually, culturally, physically and socially through innovative programs. Merici College is an IB World School, authorized to offer the Diploma Program (Years 11-12) and in the process of candidacy for the Middle Years Program (Year 7-10).
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Mathematics Teacher who has the demonstrated ability to be an innovative classroom teacher. The position involves a commitment to the school’s philosophy of Powerful Learning, utilising a wide range of student centred, brain-based learning strategies and exploring new models of teaching, including team teaching, to improve outcomes for all students. Additionally, you will be forward-thinking to promote excellent outcomes in an all-girls environment.
- A strong commitment to the College’s Catholic ethos and a willingness to foster it in the College community
- Tertiary educational qualifications in the subject area and the ability and willingness to teach in more than one subject area (the ability to teach Religious Education would be an advantage)
- The demonstrated ability to be an innovative classroom teacher, who is committed to the school’s philosophy of Powerful Learning, employing a wide range of student centred, brain-based learning strategies and who is willing to explore new models of teaching, including team teaching, to improve outcomes for all students
- Excellent relational skills and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- A commitment to nurturing the whole person and developing respectful relationships with individuals
- The demonstrated ability to enhance learning through the use of technology and a proactive approach to ongoing developments in technology
- A demonstrated ability to manage students in a variety of contexts and to work within the College’s Behaviour Management Policy
- A commitment to lifelong learning through goal setting and professional development
- A commitment to be forward-thinking to promote excellent outcomes in an all-girls environment.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the Position Description
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
Position specific queries: Please contact Lauren Frankham on 02 6243 4100 or via email Lauren.Frankham@merici.act.edu.au
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au
Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn