Cheney School is a popular, high-performing school located in the heart of Oxford serving a diverse community of students who are eager to learn and to be challenged. You can read the outcome of our recent Ofsted inspection here: Ofsted Report and a welcome message from our Head of School here: Head's Welcome
We are committed to continuous professional development and have wide-ranging training and development opportunities. We are also mindful of the competing demands people face in their lives and are happy to consider part-time applications. If you are not familiar with Oxfordshire, we would recommend that you take a look at: Living in Oxfordshire – Information for Teachers
The Mathematics Faculty at Cheney School is a vibrant and successful Faculty. We are looking for an inspirational and innovative teacher with a real passion for ensuring engagement in learning for all students to join our expanding, effective and well-resourced department.
You will need to be able to demonstrate that you:
- are passionate about raising levels of engagement and achievement;
- have the determination to be outstanding in your own classroom teaching;
- want to make a positive difference by going the extra mile for the benefit of your students;
- have the desire and enthusiasm to play an active and collaborative role in contributing to a strong culture of sharing best practice, resources and ideas;
- have the interpersonal and leadership skills required to inspire and motivate students;
- are keen and able to embed enjoyment and success in learning.
Visits to the school prior to interview are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit or if you would like more information about the role, please contact Steve Palmer, Head of Mathematics, at email@example.com or on 01865 755 104
Payment is on Teacher Main Scale or Upper Pay scale.
The position comes with membership of a comprehensive Healthcare Benefits Plan.
How to Apply:
Please download an application pack from below and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 8am, Monday 17 June 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 19 June 2019
The Community Schools Alliance Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check before taking up the post, along with pre-employment safeguarding checks.