The Swiss International School in Qatar is seeking an outstanding and forward-thinking Mathematics Teacher for September 2020. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to be part of the successful team of educators that is establishing the IB MYP and DP at SISQ.
SISQ is a full IB school and is becoming one of the leading educational institutions in the region.
The position will involve teaching MYP Mathematics classes (Grades 6-10) and possibly a DP class (either Maths Analysis or Applications).
Please only apply for this position if you are willing to work on a part-time basis. Another (tentative) full-time position will be posted too.
The successful candidate will have the following essential qualities:
- Experience and training in teaching Mathematics in a Secondary (Middle and High School) setting
- Willingness to teach in the middle years (G6-10) and develop MYP courses
- Ability to teach Mathematics through project-based learning, contextual and authentic activities
- Extensive curriculum-writing skills and experience
- A collaborative style and a good sense of humour
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- A commitment to student learning and safeguarding
The following qualities would be an advantage:
- Experience in an international setting
- IB Mathematics experience (DP and/or MYP)
Please apply early, as SISQ may make an appointment before the closing date if an exceptional candidate is found. Please note that due to high volume of applications, SISQ will only contact shortlisted candidates.