Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Maths & Computing teacher to work in an outstanding independent special school that caters for children with Speech & Language needs. This is a permanent full time contract from September 2019. This outstanding special needs school is located in the SW area of London, and is accessible via car and public transport. There is parking available on site, and the closest station is a few minutes’ walk from the school. The Maths & Computing teacher will teach class sizes of up to 9 students, and will have ample support within the classroom.
About the Role
• Maths & Computing teacher
• Full time and permanent position
• Teaching Science within an outstanding independent special needs school that caters for children with Speech and Language difficulties.
• Permanent contract offering competitive salaries.
• Full time role commencing in September 2019. The hours at this school are 8.30am to 5.00pm.
• Small class sizes of up to 9 students, with support provided within each classroom.
• This role is to teach Maths & Computing to students in KS3 and KS4.
About the School
• An outstanding independent special needs school for children with Speech and Language needs.
• Other special needs are common place within this school, and the behaviour is reasonably good and well managed.
• This school has excellent facilities, including a large outside space for the children and recently refurbished Science and Home Economics rooms.
• The school is located on the outskirts of SW London. Easily accessible by public transport, and parking available on site.
• Located in the London Borough of Merton, in zone 4.
• A total of 240 children attend this school, aged from Early Years up to Post 16.
In order to be considered for this role, the Maths & Computing Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number LXD1263.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.