Assistant Subject Leader in Maths
Fernhill School are seeking to appoint an innovative, dynamic and highly motivated Assistant Subject Leader in Maths to work alongside the Subject Leader to provide both leadership and management within the Maths department. The successful candidate will be an excellent practitioner and a strong team player with a keen interest in developing pedagogical practices.
This is a key role within our school and the successful applicant will be responsible for improving and maintaining teaching and learning within the department.
MPR/UPR plus TLR 2a £2,667
We are proud of our reputation as a small, friendly school, built on strong, traditional values, where exceptional pastoral care, the acceptance of others and the celebration of diversity and excellent academic achievement for all are the cornerstones of our success. We have a committed, loyal and talented team of leaders, teachers and support staff. As a new member of staff you will be well supported: we have an induction process, and you will be given an Induction Mentor. We see professional learning as a major strategic priority.
Our dynamic, forward thinking, new Headteacher is looking for staff who are not afraid to take risks and innovate both inside and outside the classroom. We guarantee that anyone who visits our school will want to become part of our exciting team.
Fernhill School is a mainstream, non-selective, community state secondary for girls and boys aged 11-16. The school is located in Farnborough, Hampshire and has good transport links via the M3 and A331.
Our recent Ofsted inspection was very successful, with the team praising our rapidly improving school. The Head Teacher has a clear vision and an absolute determination to make Fernhill an Outstanding school.
Ofsted report September 2018
"The atmosphere in lessons is respectful and purposeful. Pupils listen well and follow instructions carefully. They join in discussion and are inquisitive about their learning."
"The school's ambition is to help pupils to be well-prepared for their future and ready to take up their place in the world."
"The leadership team has acted decisively and with determination to improve the school".
We are seeking a candidate who will be ambitious for our students, has a vision for the development of Maths education in our curriculum, and will contribute to our rapidly improving school. The challenge for the successful applicant will be to contribute effectively to a strong team, to develop the Maths curriculum and contribute to improving standards. A passion for developing young adults is essential: this entails a commitment to all learners, to excellence for all, and a belief that a good school can and does make a significant difference to learners’ life chances and levels of attainment.
- Be able to evidence, success in raising student achievement across a broad range of abilities through successful assessment, monitoring and evaluation of student progress, and the range of strategies that could be used to address underachievement.
- Demonstrate the ability to consistently deliver inspirational learning experiences for students and have an understanding of how to promote effective and inclusive teaching and learning across the department and the whole school.
- Demonstrate the communication skills necessary to operate at the level required of the post, with the full range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify key priorities for development of KS3 and KS4 within the Maths department.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to maximise your potential and challenge yourself through effective and personalised CPD as well as having the ability to support the induction and mentoring of new staff within the department.
- Assist in the general organisation and administration of the Maths department.
Please include a paragraph in your application on your philosophy of Maths teaching, including what outstanding teaching in Maths looks like. We look forward to hearing from you.
Our dynamic, forward thinking, new Headteacher is looking for staff who are not afraid to take risks and innovate both inside and outside the classroom. We guarantee that anyone who visits our school will want to become part of our exciting team. To book a visit please contact Cindy Reynolds on 01276 702545 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see our website for an application form www.fernhill.hants.sch.uk and email to Cindy Reynolds email@example.com
Applicants will be required to demonstrate their commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people in line with the school’s policies and procedures. A satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this role. The school will request references before interview.