REQUIRED FOR EASTER OR SEPTEMBER 2021
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and outstanding classroom practitioner to join us as a teacher of Mathematics with a responsibility to develop learning and teaching across the department. The successful candidate will teach Key Stage 3 and 4, with the possibility of teaching at Post 16 and work with a strong and committed department who share a common sense of purpose and high expectations of what students can achieve.
Minsthorpe Community College is a place where everyone plays a part in strengthening our learning community through Motivation, Commitment and Care. Our most recent Ofsted report (2018) described us as a “Good college” where “Pupils were found to have positive attitudes to their learning in their lessons, showing respect towards teachers and their peers.”
This post is suitable for teachers who are currently looking to take their first step into middle leadership as well as experienced teachers who have a passion in learning and teaching. Working at Minsthorpe Community College will give the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to grow, develop and make a significant difference to our students and the community. The College is a dedicated to staff and student wellbeing and is a highly popular among the community. Our CPD programme is highly regarded.
The successful candidate will be:
• A dynamic and energetic practitioner with high expectations.
• Passionate about their subject; able to engage, inspire and motivate staff and students through the demonstration of best practice.
• Keen to develop their practice and work with a team of TRL holders to further progress the Maths department.
• A team player who will uphold our College values of Motivation, Commitment and Care.
• A well-resourced, forward thinking and supportive Maths team based in a newly refurbished teaching block.
• Excellent care and support for all staff.
• Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for Professional Development.
The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of our Recruitment specification and be subject to an enhanced DBS check. A prohibition from teaching check will also be completed for all applicants. Minsthorpe Community College is committed to equality of opportunity and upholding the principles of the Equality Act 2010. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. Only applications submitted with a completed Minsthorpe Academy Trust Application Form will be considered.
Full-time permanent employees are provided with free membership of our state of the art on-site Sports & Fitness Centre, as well as the facility of an ‘outstanding’ Children’s Centre.
Further particulars for this post can be obtained by visiting our Web Site at www.minsthorpe.cc
Please send completed application forms to Cath Green, Director of HR & Associate Teams: - email@example.com by midday – Monday 25th January 2021
Minsthorpe Community College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years