Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a Maths and/or Science specialist to work with a group of 6 boys with complex Social and Emotional Needs (SEMH), within Rochdale.
This is a small SEMH unit, which is a strongly inclusive residential community that promotes social and emotional wellbeing for the students. The desired Teacher will be working with children who are in looked after care and need a nurturing role model to assist their progression,
The successful Maths/ Science Teacher will have an excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum and will be able to plan innovative and engaging lessons for KS3/4 that will meet the needs of children with a variety of abilities. This is a great opportunity to join the school and become part of its committed, nurturing team . Vision for Education is looking for exceptional candidates to meet our total commitment to our schools and the children they support.
The position is set to commence in January 2018 and will run until the end of the Summer Term 2018.
To be considered for the position SEMH Maths/Science Teacher you must:
- Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
- Ability to teach diverse maths and science lessons
- Qualified teacher status
· This Teaching job will see you teaching Science and Maths to small class sizes of students across KS3 and KS4
· Delivering other curriculum subjects such as SMSC in collaboration with the Head Teacher.
· This job requires planning marking and assessments.
· You should be an engaging passionate individual with the ability to engage disaffected individuals with complex needs.
· Key aspects of this job include working the learning support staff and ensuring students make progress.
- Flexi school timetable
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to you seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of Vision for Supply Team you will benefit from:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated Primary consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness , Phonics, Growth Mindset training
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
If you are a qualified Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.