The David Ross Education Trust & Malcolm Arnold Prep School is now recruiting for a Specialist Maths KS2 Teacher.
This exciting opportunity at Malcolm Arnold Prep School is for a specialist maths teacher who will teach maths across the classes in upper Key Stage Two.
MAPS is one of the Trust’s leading primary schools, where we are combining the very best of the Independent sector with the very best of the State sector to produce a market leading model. This could be the ideal next step in your career.
About the Role
The role is an exciting opportunity as we move to furthering our use of specialist teachers to enhance the teaching and learning for all of our children. As a specialist maths teacher, you will be able to use your love for their subject to enthuse the children as well as raise standards across the key stage in maths. You will be part of the maths team, growing the model which has been established this year. If you are ambitious, inspirational, creative, open-minded, and want to be part of our success then we want to hear from you!
The school is looking to appoint an inspirational and highly effective maths teacher who is committed to supporting us to educational excellence. We are therefore looking for someone who has a proven track record in teaching high quality and effective mastery maths. A love for the subject and an ability to enthuse and teach to a high level stretching our pupils is essential.
- The appointed teacher will focus upon maths and teach it to both classes (probably in Year 5).
- Afternoon teaching will probably be for subjects such as Science and IT, however this can be negotiable on appointment.
- You will need to carry out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with the academy's policies under the direction of the Headteacher.
- As an effective professional, you will need to demonstrates thorough curriculum knowledge, be able to teach and assess effectively, take responsibility for professional development and have pupils who achieve well.
Pay relevant to experience: school hours, permanent role
Access to Teachers’ Pension Scheme
Who we are looking for
- KS2 experience - Year 5/6 preferred. This may also suit a secondary trained teacher wishing to move to the top end of a primary school.
- A teacher with a real aptitude and love of maths.
- Qualified teacher status
- Evidence of sustained participation in INSET/CPD particularly linked to maths
- Demonstrable evidence of high standards of class teaching in maths especially
- A thorough understanding of mastery maths
- Practical understanding of effective teaching and evaluation strategies, including assessment and target setting
- Recent OFSTED awareness
- Awareness of current developments in Education and the implications of these
- Understanding and commitment to inclusion and personalised learning which raises attainment and progress for all
- Competent in the use of ICT
- Good team working skills, including communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to promote and develop a vision for high quality education, promoting inclusion, spiritual, moral and cultural development
- A willingness to provide extra-curricular activities in line with the school’s commitment to an extended and enriched curriculum
- Further maths qualifications such as, MAST, would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Effective Maths as a tool to teach maths mastery
About the Academy
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work within the MAT and focus upon maths teaching. The Trust has a maths lead, and there is a lot of additional training and support within the Trust. We are hoping that our unique model will be proven to be really positive and effective and be rolled out across the Trusts other primary schools. In this sense you will be one of the ‘go to’ practitioners.
We are a new school located in a fantastic new light building. We currently have Reception to Year 4 but we are growing each year, by one year group. With a two form entry this means we are currently 300 strong but will house 420 children once full. MAPS is a really friendly place to work and we have a great team spirit. Certainly our parents seem to value us; last year we were oversubscribed with first choices, and in a recent survey 100% of parents said they would recommend us to others. As a growing school, we are also able to offer new opportunities as they arise.
We are also a Church of England School linked with the Diocese of Peterborough.
David Ross Education Trust:
Malcolm Arnold Prep School is part of the David Ross Education Trust. See what it means to be part of the David Ross Education trust from our children and parents here.
We are driven in providing our young people with access to a world-class education and enrichment experiences. Our students benefit from a wealth of opportunities to develop, learn and lead. From the classroom, to cultural visits, sports, music and arts and engaging with our local communities, the rich and varied experiences we create help fuel ambition and unlock potential. The education and experiences equips our young people with the leadership skills, team spirit, resilience and confidence to become outstanding citizens.
We work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the Trust’s vision, to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
To build a better future for all within our Academies who in turn will positively impact their communities.
Our aspirational and measurable outcomes are:
- Every lesson to be good or better
- Every child expected to make progress at least, and for many, above national expectations
- Every Academy to be well led and governed
- All teachers motivated to self-improve and aspire to excellence
- All academies to be judged good or better at Section 48 inspections
Malcolm Arnold Prep School is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.