High Close School is a flourishing residential and day special school catering for up to 85 young people with a complex range of needs. Due to the internal promotion of our Subject Leader for Maths, we are seeking a teacher with high expectations of learning and behaviour and a belief in the capacity of every child to achieve. This is an exciting opportunity for a well-motivated teacher with a sound knowledge and experience of teaching Mathematics up to GCSE to enhance their career.
The right candidate for the post should have a strong maths background but does not need to have maths as their main teaching specialism.
You should be:
- An excellent classroom practitioner
- Ready for the challenge of Middle Leadership
- Creative in the ways you work with young people and other teachers
- Calm and patient even in difficult situations
- Able to build positive relationships at all levels, wanting to make a difference to the lives of young people
Applications are welcome from teachers with either mainstream or special school experience. This is an exciting post with scope for personal and professional development in the future.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the school. For further information, please contact Wendy Gosling on 0118 978 5767.
For further information and to apply, please visit www.barnardos.org.uk/jobs and search for reference SEA1069.
Closing date: 19 March 2018.
Interview date: Week beginning 27 March 2018.
Barnardo’s Registered Charity Nos 216250 and SC037605.