Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Maths Teacher to join a small AP provision within Barnet working with pupils aged 11-16, all of whom have an EHCP in the category of Social, Emotional and Mental Health. The cohort of children are co-educational with the majority being hoys. The school is a warm and welcoming school where the pastoral care is at the forefront of everything. Close relationships are built with pupils and their families and this gives the school the bedrock from which they can work with their cohort to help them all achieve their potential and make their school days happy, fulfilling and purposeful. The nurturing environment is extended to the staff team where the school prides itself on looking after their teachers and support staff in the same way as they do their pupils. The successful Maths Teacher will be an exceptional behavior manager and able to teach Maths to GCSE and Functional Skill levels. The post is full time and permanent and starts at the beginning of the Spring Term in January 2020.
About the Role
• Maths Teacher
• KS3, KS4 teaching Functional Skills and GCSE
• Full time, permanent post
• Salary between £27596 - £38963 (depending on experience)
About the School
• Small AP provision catering for children with EHCP for SEMH
• 11-16 year olds, mostly boys
• Welcoming, warm and nurturing environment
• School works closely with parents and carers
• Pupil and staff well being is paramount to the school
• East Barnet, North London
In order to be considered for this role, the Maths Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number GMH168085
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.