Ark Kings – a small school, big family; transforming the lives of our students
Start date: September 2018 or sooner
Due to expansion of the school additional post is available.
Salary: Ark MPS/UPS Outside London (£23,026 – £39,204)
Location: Kings Norton, Birmingham Nearest train station/transport links: five minute drive from the M42, Junction 2, Kings Norton Station (25 mins walk), bus routes including the 35, 45, 49 and 84
Deadline: 11am, Monday 19th March 2018
Interviews: Monday 26th March 2018
Ofsted: Good in all areas (2016)
Visits to our school are encouraged; to arrange, please call 0121 459 4451. In 2015, Ark Kings Academy was named as the most improved academy in the country, and was rated ‘Good’ in all areas by Ofsted in October 2016.
In April 2017 we moved into our brand new school building and in September 2017 we became an all through school with students from Reception to year 11. It is therefore a very exciting time to be joining Ark Kings as part of our schools’ transformation.
We are looking to recruit a Maths Teacher to be play an integral part in our journey to outstanding.
Your role will include:
• Planning and teaching well-structured, differentiated maths lessons that are aligned to the agreed curriculum and cultivate every student’s intellectual curiosity
• Demonstrating commitment to raising attainment of all pupils in a challenging classroom environment
• Working collaboratively with both school and network colleagues as a committed team member, building successful, high performing teams
Staff development is key to our school improvement plan. Expectations are high and there is an array of tailored support and development opportunities available to help you reach them.
At Ark Kings you will have access to:
Online training, and bespoke learning and mentoring programmes
• Twice the standard number of training days for teachers throughout the year (10 days)
• Dedicated co-planning time
• High quality training from the Ark Network
• Hub Days - three times a year, people working in specific roles or subject areas get together to share best practice and deepen their subject knowledge with peers from across the Ark network.
Our behaviour system, means that teachers can focus on getting the best possible outcomes for students. Extra free periods are built into the school day to enable you have the time to get things done – whether that’s training, lesson planning or meetings.
As a teacher at Ark Kings Academy, you will be part of Ark, an international charity and one of the UK's most successful multi-academy trusts, with a network of 35 schools in 4 locations across the country.
Click here to find out more about the benefits of work for Ark Kings Academy.
Visit our website for more information on the school.
For an informal, confidential discussion, please contact us on 0121 459 4451 or the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 0203 116 6345 for any application form enquiries.
Please submit your application online by visiting http://arkkingsacademy.org/vacancies . The deadline for applications is 11am Monday 19th March 2018.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so early applications are encouraged. Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.