When staff, students and families walk through our gates and onto our site, they belong to the Whitley Academy Community. In this community, we build meaningful relationships based on trust and mutual respect. Our classrooms, corridors and the school environment are safe spaces where nobody is judged and everyone is valued. In our community, we are proud of our school and committed to supporting all staff and students to “be the best you can be”.
For a January 2020 start, we are seeking a well-qualified, suitably experienced and enthusiastic Maths teacher, keen to work with our Maths and Opening Minds teams to achieve excellent outcomes for all our students in KS4 and KS5. You will be joining a well-resourced, strong department with a relentless focus on developing an effective academic curriculum and raising attainment in maths to recruit to our successful Post 16. You will be joining a forward-thinking school that values the professional development and well-being of its staff.
The successful candidate must be:
- Able to teach Maths KS4 and KS5
- Excited about contributing to the development of Teaching & Learning in our Maths team,
- Committed to making a difference to the lives of pupils,
- Resilient with a strong personal drive,
- Someone who has high expectations of both students and their colleagues,
- Values driven and
- Someone who can forge positive relationships with students to encourage great learning.
We will offer you;
- A positive and innovative learning culture, where well-being and workload are effectively managed,
- A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations of and aspirations for all of our students,
- A strong sense of community and a warm, welcoming workplace,
- PiXL network access, developing new ideas and strategies to impact on student learning and
- A number of additional benefits including a fantastic internal CPD programme built into directed time - fostering excellence in teaching and learning, a personal laptop, free parking, and a vibrant modern building and facilities in a beautiful location, beside a nature reserve, within easy reach of the M40/M6 corridor.
- Successful candidates should look forward to working in a challenging and inspiring environment within which there is ample opportunity to lay the foundations for career progression and leadership. We are committed to ensuring that every member of our school community is enabled to ‘be the best they can be’. Applications from NQTs are welcome as the school has a very strong and well-developed NQT training and support programme. A leadership allowance may also be available for an exceptional candidate able to take on an additional curriculum or pastoral responsibility.
Informal visits are welcomed. To find out more about our school please visit our website at www.whitleyacademy.com.
We hope that after considering all the information provided, you will decide to make an application. A reminder that the closing date is 16th October 2019 9.00am. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed as we receive applications. Whatever the outcome of your application we thank you for the interest you have shown and wish you well for your future career.
Candidates who submit an application form before the closing date, may be invited for interview early, therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible. CV’s not accompanied by a completed application form will not be accepted. Completed applications should be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Employment at the Academy will be subject to receipt of satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) in accordance with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Police Act 1997 and the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.