Harris Invictus Academy Croydon was rated ‘outstanding’ in every category following its first ever Ofsted inspection in October 2016, only the seventh secondary free school in London to be rated ‘outstanding’. The academy opened with its first cohort in September 2014 and will move into a state-of-the-art, new building in September 2017. Harris Invictus presently has students from Year 7 to Year 9. The academy is oversubscribed and located in an area of disadvantage and is looking forward to KS4 coming in September 2017.
As we welcome our next cohort of students to the outstanding Harris Invictus Academy Croydon, we are looking for a successful and ambitious Maths teacher, possibly aspiring to head of subject or even senior leadership. This post is also suitable for a Newly Qualified Teacher.
What we are looking for:
- A teacher who is used to planning and delivering high quality lessons
- Experience in delivering the curriculum in your chosen area
- A strong communicator
- The ability to embrace change and motivate colleagues and students
This is a rare opportunity for a talented professional to join a new and ambitious team and to play a key part in establishing an exceptional academy with outstanding learning and teaching. Excellent CPD opportunities will be provided through the Harris Federation and our close links to other highly successful Harris academies.
Why work at Harris Invictus Academy Croydon?
- A happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect
- The combination of traditional values of discipline and good-manners with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology
- A central Croydon location, close to transport links and other amenities
- Generous Harris benefits package and excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
For NQTs, we provide our highly successful Harris Federation NQT programme where you will train alongside other NQTs from across the Federation. This enables aspiring teachers to support and learn from each other, in the true collaborative spirit of Harris. There is a structure of support and challenge with customised professional learning, and every NQT has a professional mentor.
The academy works within the wider Harris Federation; a supportive and highly successful group of academies all based in and around London. Each academy operates autonomously within the Federation but all Harris academies collaborate closely in sharing school improvement strategies and in supporting one another.
Please download the Candidate Information Pack for full details and responsibilities.
For further information, please contact the academy on 0203 371 3002.
Harris Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.