Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936
Position: Maths Teacher
Classification: Full-Time 12 Month Contract
Contract Dates: The start of Term 2 until the end of Term 1 2021
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
St Anthony's Catholic College is one of Townsville's best schools offering Kindergarten to Year 12 Catholic education, located in the rapidly growing Deeragun and northern beaches precinct with its motto being "Let Your Light Shine". It is a Townsville Catholic school in the Franciscan tradition and our community continues to be animated by the spirit of St Francis of Assisi.
The College comprises state-of-the-art facilities situated in a peaceful bushland setting with extensive grounds and is well-resourced to support a committed and professional teaching staff in the provision of quality Catholic education for students in the northern beaches.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
What we are looking for
We are seeking applications from passionate Mathematics Secondary Teachers
to commence at St Anthony's Catholic College.
This position is for a 12-month contract role
from the start of Term 2 until the end of Term 1 2021 on a full-time basis.
St Anthony's Catholic College is continually growing, this role has the potential to be a full-time permanent position for a suitable candidate. The successful candidate will have the ability to teach General Maths Years 11 and 12.
Graduate teachers are encouraged to apply!
To join this vibrant school community, you'll need:
- An innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Experience and/or passion for teaching Mathematics with the ability to teach General Maths Years 11 and 12
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents, and staff
- QCoT registration or ability obtain
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936 (depending on experience)
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Why work with Townsville Education Office
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
- Complete a written response outlining your suitability to the position
- Graduate teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study.
- Employment for graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the national professional standards for teachers
Please see Position Description for further information about teaching in Catholic Education.
Applications close 4:00pm Friday 10th April 2020 unless filled prior.