Closing Date for application: Thursday 17th January 2019, 3 p.m.
Salary: Inner London Salary
Starting Date: Either 1st July or 1st September 2019
Please note – a 1st July start is on offer for NQTs/available teachers
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful, outstanding, oversubscribed, mixed, multi-cultural, non-selective high school in West London. We are in the top 120 schools nationally for student progress. We are looking for a Maths teacher with real potential and a great love of the subject. We have an excellent, supportive Maths department with a tremendous record of developing both students and staff. More than 100 students continue to study the subject at Advanced Level, including Further Mathematics. The department is well-led and well-resourced with a strong team of teachers. An ability and confidence in teaching A Level Maths is desirable. This post is open to more established practitioners and to NQTs.
• Greenford High School is a key member of the Ealing Teaching School Alliance with a long history of offering excellent CPD programmes, collaboration with other schools, personalised coaching and an outstanding record of career progression and promotion
• We have a great record of developing NQTs, training over 30 student teachers each year and partnering Teach First in hosting and delivering CPD for their teachers
• A vibrant, flourishing Post 16 Centre of 530 students, with many A Level classes
• Friendly, dynamic and enthusiastic colleagues
• Excellent modern facilities and interactive technology in a well-resourced, new school, with a new KS3 building having opened in 2019
Other benefits include: generous non-contact time; smaller class sizes wherever possible; assistance for those taking Masters and further degrees; a partnership with the Institute of Education and Teach First; many colleagues taking Teaching Leaders courses, Future Leaders, NPQML and NPQSL; the opportunity to train and mentor student teachers and Teach First; a dedicated and supportive pastoral team; guaranteed car parking spaces and bicycle storage; shared department workroom; an excellent library; access to sporting facilities and a fitness gym; Workplace Options scheme providing advice and support; staff social events and well-being sessions
Application packs are available from the school website www.greenford.ealing.sch.uk and should be returned to Dawn Druce at email@example.com