‘Are you someone who: Loves teaching a pioneering, creative and integrated curriculum? Is reflective and demonstrates an interest in educational research? Is passionate about inspiring children to achieve their full potential?’
Work Skills Learning are currently recruiting for a Teacher of Maths to join our dynamic and successful provision. We are looking for someone who is passionate about teaching engaging lessons that help students understand the importance of Maths and the positive impact it can have throughout their life.
MATHS TEACHER (Full-time and Part-time)
Work Skills Learning are looking for a part-time and full-time Maths Teacher to join our small, dedicated and friendly team.
About Work Skills Learning Provision
Based in London N4, Work Skills Learning is an independent provision for students with special needs. We are a small, dedicated community with high expectations for each of our students. Our students are offered a personalised learning journey and we actively set out to ensure that every young person thrives in all aspects of the curriculum. Our students are fully informed and active in their learning journey and have every capacity to achieve their aspirations successfully.
Preparing our young people for a successful and enriched future alongside ensuring our students are able to contribute to their community and society, irrespective of their starting point, is key to our vision. Our values of personal responsibility and respect are integral to our ethos where views, beliefs and differences are appreciated. This is in keeping with the support of our families and underpinned by our wellbeing programme.
Life at Work Skills Learning is diverse, inspirational and aspirational. We offer a carefully structured curriculum. We firmly subscribe to a collaborative, reflective, outward facing community in ensuring that each phase of our young person’s career is meticulously supported and extended by the Work Skills Learning team.
Maths Teacher Role Requirements
The Teacher of Maths will be responsible for delivering high quality teaching, through planning engaging lessons to enable all pupils to make the best possible progress. The successful candidate must:
- Demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and communicate this in an enthusiastic and imaginative way.
- Have Qualified Teacher status
- Teach across all levels and abilities at GCSE and A Level
- A knowledge and understanding of the theory and proactive of providing effectively for the individuals needs of all pupils (e.g. classroom organisation and learning strategies)
- Develop, maintain and stimulate pupils’ curiosity, interest and enjoyment in Maths
- Be prepared to innovate and devise imaginatively varied ways of teaching their subjects to inspire pupils; enabling them to have equal access to Maths and to experience success in their work
- Use teaching strategies that allow for the full range of ability and learning styles in each class, particularly taking into account the learning needs of LDD students.
- Mark work according to departmental and provision marking policies, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of student’s progress in their subject.
- Research new topic areas and maintain up-to-date subject knowledge.
- Undertake report writing and the award of internal grades as required
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the statutory requirements of legislation concerning Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, SEND and Safeguarding Children
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (both orally and in writing) to a variety of audiences
- Be sympathetic to the aims and ethos of our provision
To apply: Please complete the application form along with a covering letter giving details of what skills you could bring to the role and why your application should be considered. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
EK Outreach Services Ltd
- English sen schools & colleges