This is a Long Service Leave replacement position for five weeks commencing in the final two weeks of Term 2 and ending in the third week of Term 3 2018. The ideal candidate will have experience teaching lower school Mathematics. Awareness of teaching in an iPad school and/or using ICT to teach is a requirement.
Applicants must have a genuine love of learning and be able to demonstrate a commitment to student centered-learning, collaborative practice, pastoral care, co-curricular responsibilities and the values of the College.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Assist with the development and sharing of teaching materials.
- Provide student reports as required.
- Attend Parent/Teacher/Student Interviews as scheduled.
- Attend Staff and Faculty meetings as scheduled.
- Participate in the School’s Professional Development activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of a Diploma of Education (Mathematics or comparative major)
- Current registration with Teachers Registration Board WA
- Current Working with Children Check
- A high standard of teaching practice based upon an understanding of varied teaching and learning approaches.
- A sound understanding of the principles of Senior and Middle Years Schooling.
- An ability to contribute to an effective professional team with a shared vision for the schooling of early adolescents and young adults.
- An interest in curriculum that is holistic, challenging, integrative and exploratory.
- An understanding of the ways assessment and evaluation may promote learning.
- An appreciation of the importance of feedback on student assessment.
- A good understanding of the place and use of computers within the classroom and as a tool for learning.
- An ability to differentiate the curriculum to cater for different learning abilities.
- A commitment to the College values – Connected to the Spirit, Presence, Compassion, Love of Work, and Audacity.