Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Maths Teacher to teach at an ASD school in Barnet starting in January 2018. The successful Maths Teacher will be working on a full-time basis for a minimum of 2 terms with an opportunity for this position to go permanent for the right person. The Maths Teacher will be teaching pupils with ASD from KS3-KS5.
About the Role
· Maths Teacher
· Teaching GSCE pupils with mild to severe ASD
· Will need to plan lessons and mark work however marking expectations are very low
· Full time role to start in January 2018, for at least 2 terms
· Daily rate from £130 per day
About the School
· Medium sized SEN school catering for pupils on the Autistic Spectrum from KS3-KS5.
· Ofsted rated “Good”
· Extra week off at Easter, Christmas and Summer
· 20% PPA
· Located in Barnet with good transportation links and onsite parking
In order to be considered for this role, the Maths Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree (essential)
· QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) (essential)
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· Experience working in a special school is desirable but not essential
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number CAHA15211.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.