This leading selective girls’ state secondary school is seeking a full or part-time (minimum 0.6 FTE) teacher of Maths with the skills, expertise and passion to inspire and encourage girls to stretch their understanding of Maths at every level.
This post offers an excellent opportunity to teach highly able students in a school where Maths is the most popular subject at A level. GCSE and A level results are amongst the highest in the country providing both Maths and Further Maths routes at A Level. Many of our students go on to study Maths and related subjects at Oxbridge and other leading universities.
This post would suit a well-qualified new entrant to the profession, or someone who wants to broaden his/her experiences in an exciting, high achieving context.
To be successful, you will need to:
- be confident in teaching Maths across all Key Stages
- be an excellent classroom practitioner who is prepared to be innovative in their teaching
- have the ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and parents
- be keen to develop their subject knowledge in all facets of maths at A level
We can offer:
- the opportunity to join a highly successful Maths department with a wide range of experience and expertise
- a stimulating and creative environment in a school where extra-curricular activities flourish and teachers are encouraged to introduce new and innovative activities
- a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
- a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively supported
- numerous other benefits (please see our attached information pack)
For further information about our school, please visit www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form which is also available on our website, or contact the school office. CVs WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Closing date: noon on Monday 18 June 2018
Interview date: Friday 22 June 2018
Early applications are encouraged as the school reserves the right to interview before the closing date.
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.