‘Learn, live and develop'
In an inspiring setting students at Eerde learn, live and develop into the people they want to be.
Successful, engaged and responsible with a strong global network
Eerde International Boarding School Netherlands has a vacancy for a secondary teacher to teach IB students and IGCSE students. Candidates must be qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated teacher of Maths and be confident to work with new technologies in a dynamic and intercultural environment.
Start date: ASAP
Closing date for applications: 12th December 2019
The successful candidate will work with our Math and Science team to ensure that students are supported in the best way possible. We expect the candidate to possess dynamic classroom skills to engage and enhance the learning of Math and support student access to online and offline educational material. In addition to the teaching requirement, teachers are required to assist our boarding students and boarding team with private study evenings and weekend activities (2 times a year).
- Qualified teacher of Math(QTS, PGCE or equivalent)].
- A minimum of a Bachelors (Hons) in the subject and fully qualified to teach the upper secondary students.
- Having a good command of English [level C1 / C2]
- At least 3 years' experience teaching Math
- Confident with use of new technologies
- An excellent team player and willing to work collaboratively
- Flexibility and the desire to be a part of a dynamic school community
- Previous experience in teaching at accredited international (boarding schools or in an international, intercultural context)
- Familiarity with IGCSE / IB Math
- Familiarity with teaching lower secondary maths
- Willingness to be involved in extra-curricular activities
- A full-time position in an international team. Salary and benefits will be reflective of qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates are invited to send their letter of motivation and their
curriculum vitae in English for the attention of Ms Niki Holterman indicating:
Maths to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for this vacancy is 12th December 2019.
Candidates located outside the Netherlands will be interviewed by Skype.
Please note that early applicants may be invited to interview prior to the deadline due to qualifications and experience.
ABOUT EERDE INTERNATIONAL BOARDING SCHOOL NETHERLANDS
Located on a tranquil country estate only one hour from Amsterdam, Eerde is the only international school in the Netherlands to offer day school, weekly boarding and full boarding facilities.
The learning experience at Eerde is international, intercultural and individual, with personal attention for each pupil, based on universal personal values. A place where children (aged 4-19) can learn, live and develop. Our small class sizes (maximum 15 students) ensure that we focus intensively on the development of each child.
TEACHING AT EERDE
We employ 21 teachers from 18 nationalities. The dynamic and close-knit group support each other through InterVision sessions and continuing education. We work with a Safer Recruitment Policy and require all previous Police clearances as well as a Dutch police clearance.
Teaching at Eerde is supported on an online learning platform, giving students
access to assignments, comprehensive background information and their own
e-portfolio. Our science department is supported by a laboratory assistant who is on hand to support and ensure that experimental work is maximized.