We are looking for a passionate, inspiring and qualified Maths Teacher to join our supportive and talented team at Hans Price Academy. We are a growing organisation, looking for professional and ambitious people with a passion for transforming our students’ learning.
We are a forward-thinking Academy based in Weston-super-Mare, providing education to 1,050 students at KS3/KS4. Our pupils are excited to learn, are real ambassadors for our diverse community and benefit from a hugely positive and supportive learning environment.
We are part of the Cabot Learning Federation (CLF) which is one of only 30 National Maths Hubs and is the largest non-diocesan academy group in the South West. The CLF currently sponsors 16 academies including Secondary Schools, Primaries and a studio school catering for students aged 14 to 19.
We look for passionate individuals who want to be a part of transforming education and will make an active contribution to the development of the Cabot Learning Federation and chosen Academy. You will be used to planning and consistently delivering high-quality lessons, will have experience in delivering the curriculum in your chosen area and will be a strong communicator with the ability to embrace change and motivate colleagues and students. A well-qualified specialist, holding QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, you will have the ability to teach from KS3 – KS4. We look for professionals who have excellent class management skills and have high expectations of work and behaviour.
In return, we will...
- offer the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment;
- provide excellent training and development opportunities within the Federation, including a full induction programme for newly qualified and experienced teachers;
- deliver training, both local and/or delivered through our excellent stand-alone training facility at the CLF Institute;
- for teachers, the CLF Institute aims to provide a continuum of development through each career stage from initial teacher training (ITT), for newly qualified teachers (NQT), recently qualified teachers in their early career development, to successive stages of leadership through to Headship and beyond;
- provide you with a hugely positive and supportive learning environment;
- give you the opportunity to participate in both Academy and pan-federation professional development from a wide network of high-quality education professionals.
Closing date: 29th March 2020.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicants will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health and right to work in the UK. The checks will also include an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list.
Please note that if you have not had a response within two weeks of the advert closing date then you can assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.