Hillcrest Jubilee School require a Maths Teacher to join their dedicated team. Salary £24,373 p.a - £35,971 p.a (plus £2,209 p.a. SEN allowance). We are within a commutable distance of Havant, Portsmouth, Southampton, Fareham, Chichester and Petersfield and other surrounding towns and villages.
Jubilee School is an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ rated education provision that provides support to c31 pupils aged 8-16 year with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. The School has an excellent reputation for providing highly effective education, therapy, welfare and support to all children and young people that they teach. The curriculum at our education provision provides a structured and supportive environment and is planned to meet the personal, academic and pastoral needs of the pupils at each stage of their schooling.
As the Maths Teacher at Jubilee School, your role will involve providing teaching to Secondary children within the framework of the National Curriculum, GCSE’s and Functional Skills Programme. Planning and promoting teaching and learning outside of normal classroom settings to small groups of children with social, emotional and mental health needs. You will be part of a strong dedicated team committed to providing our students with the very best outcomes. The role will be challenging but rewarding, working in a fast paced and dynamic environment where you can make a real difference.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, committed and flexible, who can easily engage with students that may be reluctant to participate in lessons due to previous life experiences. We are looking to appoint a Maths Teacher with experience working with pupils with SEMH and Behavioural difficulties.
The position is offered on a full time, permanent basis plus after school meetings (during term time only, including 5 non-pupil days).
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties as Maths Teacher would include:
• Teaching Maths to students with a range of abilities
• Preparing, planning and assessing teaching sessions whilst maintaining an awareness of curriculum developments
• Writing and implement individual education plans, making assessments of educational attainment, setting challenging yet achievable targets
• Building relationships with all young people, which will encourage their interest and participation in their education
• Creating an environment which is stimulating and purposeful for all pupils to promote teaching and learning outside the formal classroom settings.
Key Skills Required:
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status
• Have a background of teaching Maths, delivering teaching at a good or outstanding level
• Knowledge of current education issues in relation to terms of practise, process and curriculum
• Be experienced working within an SEN setting, supporting with challenging behaviour (SEMH/EBD)
• Effective communication skills with the ability to build ongoing positive relationships with the students
If you are a confident, adaptable and enthusiastic Science Teacher looking for a new role please apply immediately. In return we offer a salary of £24,373 p.a - £35,971 p.a (plus £2,209 p.a. SEN allowance), plus a range of company benefits.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Please also note, although Outcomes First Group salaries are in-line with the National Teachers Pay Scale, Terms & Conditions of this position are specific to Outcomes First Group
Hillcrest Jubilee School forms part of Outcomes First Group who employ approx. 2400 staff at locations throughout the UK and provide a range of education and residential care services to children and adults with autism, complex needs, learning disabilities and social, emotional mental health difficulties.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.