Smart Teachers is recruiting for a dynamic and resilient Maths teacher with great behaviour management skills to join an independent school in South East London from September 2017. Teaching across KS3, the successful Maths teacher would benefit from being primary trained with the ability to build excellent relationships, and strengths in nurturing vulnerable students. This is a permanent role working in an extremely well-resourced and purposely renovated alternative education provision.
About the Role
- Maths Teacher
- Delivering the KS3 UK curriculum to a small class size of less than 10 students
- This specific class has vulnerable children who are anxious and would benefit from a teacher with clear boundaries and solid structure to their day
- Being a special needs school the setup is much more akin to a primary set up
- Although teachers will teach their subject specialism to the two KS3 classes they will also be teaching their class all areas of the curriculum (PSHCE and project based learning across ICT, MFL, History, Geography, DT, Art), and will spend the whole day with their pupils
About the School
- Independent school specialising in SEN based in South East London
- Stable and established team of staff includes support staff, teachers and qualified therapists and a solid Senior Leadership Team
- Daily briefings are held with all members of staff, which is particularly important given the SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties) needs of the students
- 41 students currently attend the school
- Challenging behaviour, detachment disorders and global development delay are commonplace across the classes
- Apple Macs with the latest technology are found in every classroom
- Provides extensive professional development for staff and fast track career progression and upward mobility available for the right fit
- Provides training in Team Teach and First Aid
- Lunch is made every day by a chef on site, with students assisting in preparing meals
- Chicken run onsite and the eggs laid are used in the kitchen
- Padded time-out room available
In order to be considered for this role, the successful Year 6 teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree (primary trained ideally)
- Previous experience working with students with SEN (desirable)
- Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum (essential)
- Strong NQTS with a passion for, and commitment to, providing outstanding provision for pupils with SEMH will be considered
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number LXDA49788.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.