Focus Learning Trust is part of the OneSchool global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 18 countries worldwide, our 10,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning.
Our Atherstone Campus has an excellent reputation, such as being graded as a ‘Good’ school by the Schools Inspection Service, along with our GCSE results for 2018 placing the school in the top 10% of all schools nationally. As an organisation, we offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning - so if you’re a teacher who loves teaching, then we want to hear from you.
Our small and friendly team are now looking for a highly skilled, forward-thinking and enthusiastic Maths Teacher on a full time, permanent basis to support our students across KS3 and KS4. You will possess a strong understanding of how children learn, you will be adept at navigating our students to see and lead through challenges in their learning, so they make the best possible progress in each and every lesson.
N.B. Visits prior to application are warmly welcomed so you can come and see for yourself what makes Focus Learning Trust such a special and unique place to work
N.B. This position is open to NQTs.
• To plan, implement and monitor schemes of work, lesson plans and students’ Self Directed Learning assignments for subject.
• Ensure each lesson plan indicates which outcomes will be addressed in the lesson and what resources will be used, in line with the FLT subject curriculum
• To ensure the Self Directed Learning philosophy of the school is present in the opportunities presented to the students
• To develop and fully utilise assignments and tasks centred on the school virtual learning environment (Canvas) including homework, quizzes and discussion forums
• Use a wide range of resources and extracurricular activities to provide students with a broad range of activities and experiences in keeping with the School’s guidelines
• To set targets, based on prior attainments, and undertake effective, informative marking which will extend and develop all students
• To keep appropriate records of progress and attainment of students for use in planning and for reporting accordingly to parents
• Have Qualified Teacher Status and a higher level qualification in Maths
• Possess recent experience of teaching Maths to KS3 – KS4
• Knowledge of the National Curriculum for Maths and the GCSE Maths examinations’ syllabus specifications
• Be relentlessly positive, with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Have a diverse set of skills which will enable you to be flexible working in the classroom and our learning centre
• Be able to work creatively and strategically in an ‘all-through’ school
• Be an innovative and reflective practitioner who is keen to learn
• Committed to improving the life chances of every child
• Modern approach to teaching via Self-Directed Learning
• An excellent working environment with good resources
• Modest class sizes of around 15 students on average
• Supportive Trustees and an involved community who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• Active and committed parents and carers
• A competitive salary including a staff laptop along with Teachers Pension contributions
• Excellent premises and lovely grounds providing an excellent learning environment
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• Professional support from Focus Learning Trust, equivalent to 100 hours per academic year, with up to 30 hours at our Teacher Academy - our brand-new skills centre which is driving progress in learning and teaching throughout Focus schools
For more information about Focus Learning Trust or specific information relating to our Campus please visit www.focus-school.com or follow us on LinkedIn at Focus Learning Trust
For an informal discussion or visit to the school please contact Melissa Podlaski on 0330 055 5600 or email email@example.com for an application pack.
Closing Date for application forms: Friday 22nd February 2019
Interviews will be held week commencing: TBC
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Focus School Atherstone Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
Charity No. 1066592