This role is part-time, working 3 days per week.
In this role you will be responsible for the planning and delivery of Functional Skills Maths qualifications on our Traineeship programme for 19-24 year olds. This position is suitable for a self-starter who would enjoy a varied and fast paced role. The Traineeships programme (26 weeks in duration) will consist of the following:
- Learners who have GCSE grade 3 or below in Maths/English will study Functional Skills (55 GLHs per qualification).
- Development of Employability Skills (Level 1 Award – 60 GLHs).
1. Deliver Employability Skills and up to Level 2 Functional Skills (Maths) in small groups (6 learners per session).
2. Implement effective interpretation of a range of initial assessment and diagnostic tools.
3. Co-produce Individual Learning Plans for each learner, taking into consideration various learning styles and individual learner needs.
4. Contribute to on-going development of schemes of work and curriculum plans.
5. Implement differentiation in teaching and learning.
6. Attend and participate in meetings and produce reports as requested.
7. Attend training events / courses as required, maintaining own CPD and contribute to curriculum development.
8. Be responsible for and effectively manage a caseload of learners (30 learners per year).
9. Maintain a high standard of training and ensure performance targets are achieved.
10. Ensure learners understand the requirements of their programme prior to enrolling.
11. Provide ongoing information, advice and guidance to learners from enrolment to progression, along with signposting to external sources of support.
12. Monitor and mark learners’ work.
13. Complete and maintain individual learning plans and progress reviews.
15. Liaising with the Traineeships Support Officer to ensure all learners have a work placement.
16. Lead activities to complement classroom-based sessions.
17. At all times ensure that safe working practices are adopted in compliance with relevant health and safety procedures.
18. Demonstrate commitment to equality of opportunity and treatment and comply with company policy and procedures and relevant legislation relating to equality and diversity.
19. Coach, guide and encourage learners to give them the necessary skills, motivation and knowledge to progress.
20. Facilitate effective timely reviews with learners and provide appropriate pastoral support to learners to enable them to complete their courses.
21. To lead on marketing and engaging with external stakeholders to ensure that learners are recruited and enrolled on the courses.
22. Any other reasonable request or duties commensurate to the post.
Teaching qualification (i.e. PTLLS or above)
English and Mathematics qualifications at Level 2
Previous experience of delivering Level 2 Maths (desirable: Functional Skills)
Skills and abilities
Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and effective interpersonal skills
Excellent ICT skills
Excellent organisational and administrative skills
Able to work accurately towards targets and deadlines
Ability to engage and support young people
Ability to communicate effectively with learners from a wide range of abilities
Ability to work as a member of a team
Reliable, punctual and responsible
Committed to inclusion
Whitehead Ross Education and Consulting
Brighton and Hove