Media Studies Lead Teacher/Teacher of English
MPS full-time, TLR 2a (£2667) available for a suitably qualified and experienced candidate
Required for January 2018
Hathershaw is a successful and thriving 11 to 16 College serving a multi-cultural intake. We achieved record breaking GCSE results in 2017 with our Progress 8 score of +0.35 placing us in the top 20% of schools nationally.
The College has recently established a Multi-Academy Trust in full partnership with Oldham Sixth Form College.
Excellent transport links ensure that we are ideally located for both city centre Manchester and beyond.
‘The school is a very harmonious community and leaders take great care to promote equalities. Pupils feel valued and celebrate diversity. Leaders and teachers take effective steps to remove any barriers to learning’.
(Ofsted Good rating April 2016)
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding, well-motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious Media Studies/English teacher to work in our Secondary College. We are specifically looking for someone who:
· has experience and knowledge of teaching GCSE Media Studies and English at both Key Stages 3 & 4
· has the potential to become, or are already, an outstanding classroom practitioner with a real commitment to young people
· has the ability to devise, plan and deliver highly-differentiated, interactive and stimulating lessons
· can utilise assessment data effectively to plan lessons and target intervention
· has high expectations of pupils and the belief that all pupils, whatever their background, can achieve their full potential
· has the passion and desire for their subject to inspire and enthuse pupils of all abilities
· is an excellent team player who is creative and innovative in their approach to teaching
The successful candidate will be an excellent practitioner with a passion for teaching.
If you are dynamic and imaginative, have the ability to lead and motivate and have the desire to play a significant role in our school, we want to hear from you!
The College provides an extremely supportive induction programme for new staff and excellent development opportunities.
For an application pack and further details please contact Danielle Hunt, PA to the Principal, at the school.
The Hathershaw College is responsible for safe recruitment and promotes the welfare of children. All appointments are subject to enhanced DBS checks.
Closing Date: Noon on Monday 16th October 2017
Interviews: Monday 16th October 2017
Tel: 0161 770 8555 Fax: 0161 770 8556 E-mail: email@example.com
Principal: Mr. Dave McEntee
The Hathershaw College, Bellfield Avenue, Oldham, OL8 3EP
WE TAKE SAFEGUARDING SERIOUSLY