TEACHER OF MEDIA STUDIES
FT September 2019 Start
Grey Court is a successful and oversubscribed academy serving a diverse community in an outstanding environment, situated in the London Borough of Richmond and in very close proximity to the beautiful River Thames.
Graded again in January 2018 by Ofsted as “outstanding” the school opened its sixth form in September 2014 and our first cohort of Year 13 students achieved exceptional results. In 2016 we became part of the Every Child, Every Day Multi Academy Trust and consequently, have further developed an extremely strong working relationship with The Hollyfield School. We are very excited about the future and the opportunities the MAT will bring for staff and students alike.
We are seeking to appoint a qualified and innovative Media teacher who will inspire our young people, promote a personal passion for Media and related communication technologies, ensuring that all students excel in this subject area.
You should be:
● A Media teacher or trainee teacher who aspires to become an outstanding practitioner at key stages 4 and 5.
● Have experience in raising standards for all students in Media or another subject, ideally English.
● An enthusiastic and driven person with the skills and desire to enthuse students about media education.
The right candidate will:
● Develop the use of creative media technologies amongst staff and students
● Contribute to the school’s wider enrichment programme and school media productions.
● Ensure a broad and balanced curriculum that meets the needs of all our students.
● Contribute to the development and embedding of the BTEC creative media practices across the curriculum
● Develop, enhance and support collaborative opportunities with media industry professionals.
● Demonstrate the potential to be, an exceptional classroom practitioner
● have a clear passion for their area; supported by sound subject knowledge
● Want the very best for all young people irrespective of background or challenge
● Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of media across the curriculum
In the recent January 2018 OFSTED inspection, the school received its second ‘outstanding’ grading. At this point the sixth form was rated “outstanding” by OFSTED who noted that, “ ‘the opportunities we get are excellent’…‘literally anything that happens, they [staff] are there’. Within this context the media studies department at KS5 has been rated in the top 17% of providers over the last three years.
The media facility is housed in its own purpose built classroom with a suite of macs. In addition, sound editing facilities are available in a separate music technology studio and there is a dark room for photographic processing. Considerable money has been invested in state-of-the art media resources so that students’ practical work is of the highest quality.
Applications are welcome from NQTs and experienced colleagues who are looking to further develop their career. We offer outstanding NQT support including a personalised programme of training as well as exciting opportunities for professional development. The ability to offer a second subject would be an advantage.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All offers of employment will be subject to the successful candidate undertaking an enhanced DBS check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date: Friday 22nd March 2019
Interview date: w/b 25th March 2019
For more information about Grey Court School and to request a Job Description, Person Specification and Application Form, please contact email@example.com or on 020 8948 1173. For an informal discussion please contact Mr Richard Clements (Head of Sixth Form) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org