Smart Teachers welcomes overseas teachers to consider a Media Teacher role in an ‘Outstanding’ rated Academy in Merton, South West London. This position will be available to start in September 2019, with a permanent contract on offer for the right candidate. We are ideally looking for someone who can teach Media Teacher across a whole secondary timetable.
About the Role
• Media Teacher
• Full Time
• Permanent contract for the right candidate
• Teaching Media across a secondary timetable
• $55,000 - $72,000AUD (depending on experience)
• Generous signing on bonuses
• Newly qualified and overseas teachers welcome to apply
About the School
• ‘Outstanding’ rated school
• Accessible via public transport and car
• Co-ed academy based in the heart of Merton
• 11 to 19 year olds
• Generous staff packages available including health plans, gym memberships
About the location
• The London Borough of Merton is a borough in south-west London
• Great transport links. Serviced tube lines and above ground trains.
• The borough is next to Wimbledon where the annual famous Tennis championships, Wimbledon are held
• Tree-lined streets, open spaces, a good restaurant scene and connections into central London.
In order to be considered for this role, the Media Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have experience working as a Secondary Media Teacher or equivalent
• Hold a Post graduate certificate of education/B Ed or equivalent secondary teaching qualification
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa), sponsorship license held for exceptional candidates
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
• OS teachers and Newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers:
• Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a London-based team to support you when you land
• Completely free service
• An invitation to join our Overseas Teachers social group and attend our monthly events, connecting you with other migrants.
• Smart is powered by Tes, the world's largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more.
• Teaching overseas is a great way to develop personally and professionally’ and is a great addition to your CV.
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
If you are applying from Australia or New Zealand please email your resume to email@example.com quoting job reference number RXN4711RXP.
If you are anywhere else in the world, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RXN4711RXP.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.