20 hours per week, Term Time only
Salary Grade 13, Points 17-21: £7151.08 – £8103.10 PA
To ensure the safeguarding of students and make a significant contribution to their efforts to both “enjoy and achieve”
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, further daily support is necessary in overseeing the daily management of student’s medical needs, such as checking blood sugar levels and the use of insulin injections. The administering of medication and overseeing of medical needs (e.g. Cystic Fibrosis) over and beyond first aid.
Main responsibilities and Duties:
- To lead on whole school First Aid provision – acting as main First Aider and coordinating support from other First Aiders; to have overview of First Aid training and ensure all up to date with relevant training
- To lead on risk assessments for students with medical care requirements within school and for off-site activities and residentials, including the training for staff.
- To oversee the administration, storage, disposal and record keeping of medication as cited in the Supporting Students with Medical Needs Policy.
- To maintain records of student health concerns and train staff as appropriate (e.g. use of
- epi–pen, procedures for asthma attack etc)
- To actively promote good practice as stated within the Supporting Students with Medical Needs Policy.
- To support the Designated Teacher for Child Protection – attend some Child Protection meetings; act as a point of referral in the absence of the Designated Teacher; support students with self-harm issues
- Work with students with health concerns – support to ensure appropriate attendance at lessons and continuance with learning
- To assist students as necessary, with personal hygiene routines, including toilet training, changing of incontinent/ sick children
- Providing assistance with the physical needs of students requiring this type of support
- Work with parents of students with health concerns – to ensure maximum student participation as appropriate
- 184.108.40.206hrs lunchtime supervisor / 1st aid responsibility in the courtyard
Health & Safety Administration:
- Completes accident reports following incidents.
- Ensures School Leadership Team are apprised of findings and recommendations arising from accidents.
Physical Effort and Working Conditions:
- Is responsible for the medical room and the postholder is likely to come into contact with infections when pupils visit this room.
Contacts and Relationships:
- Line management: Deputy Headteacher (Student Welfare)
- Lead team of first aiders
- Regular and frequent contact with students, parents, members of staff and some contact with outside agencies.
- Contacts with a wide range of telephone and personal callers to pass and receive information.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
1. Completed DBS
2. A Nursing Qualification is desirable, though not essential
3. A First Aid at Work qualification.
4. Aptitude or experience of working with ICT including SIMS.
5. Administrative and organisational skills.
6. Ability to work with pupils.
Standards and Quality Assurance:
· Support the aims and ethos of the school and the staff Code of Conduct
· Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance.
· Attend team and staff meetings.
· Be proactive in matters relating to health and safety.
For an application form, please http://www.bishopfoxs.co.uk/latest-vacancies/
Please complete the application form and return it to the school office marked FAO The Personnel Dept – firstname.lastname@example.org