Mental Health School Support Worker
- £70 - £85 (per day)
- Wakefield Pupil Referral Unit (SEMH setting)
- Full and part time roles avaialble
- Immediate or January 2020 start
- Role through Vision for Education
Vision for Education currently have a role requiring a Mental Health school support worker, to work in a SEMH setting in Wakefield.
The settings on offer cater to pupils with SEMH and/or behavioural needs. The school has a close team who work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils. They pride themselves on steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them academically and socially, to encourage them to take pride in their achievements.
The successful Mental Health School Support Worker will require relevant experience with the ability to keep pupils engaged, motivated whilst promoting a calm and safe environment. An understanding and interest of mental health in education will be pivotal to your progression. Vision are looking for motivated individuals with a genuine need to support venerable pupils. You must have relevant experience working with children or young people in the past few years in order for Vision to obtain recent professional references.
This is great opportunity for graduates who have studied mental health to gain first-hand experience in the field.
Opportunity to run small group intervention classes with a range of pupils
Working 1:1, small groups and /or the whole class
Would be required to cover a range of subjects
Working closely with the class teacher to develop schemes of work and a working environment that everyone can prosper in
Why Vision for education:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism
- Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £370.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
Please contact our friendly and helpful SEND team in Huddersfield today for more information on this role or any others advertised. We will be happy to help - 01484 642928 or email@example.com