MFL Teacher – French to KS4 (Essential) and Spanish to KS3 and ideally to KS4
Part time 0.6 FTE
MPS/UPS (£22,917 - £38,633 pro rata)
Are you someone that loves your subject and enjoys the challenge of inspiring others with your knowledge and passion? Would you like to work in the stunning South Somerset countryside with an Academy that has a great record for developing its people? If you’re looking to be a future leader, this could be the School for you.
What we offer:
- The MFL department is made up of friendly linguists that are passionate about teaching their subject. Our team take a collaborative approach to their work and share resources and planning to help the work life balance.
- Our Academy offers specialist MFL teaching rooms, with WIFI access available for members of staff with their own work laptop and Ipads available in the classroom.
- We are set in a rural location in the South Somerset countryside within a mile of the A303, close to Yeovil and benefit from exceptionally good rail links to major cities in the UK including London , Bristol, Bath & Exeter
Our biggest and proudest asset as a School is our CPD opportunities for staff which includes but is not limited to: Accredited NQT induction programmes, in house middle leader training programme, mentoring opportunities and links with other Schools through Mid Somerset Consortium & Taunton & South West Teaching Alliance.
For more information about the role, department and letter from our Principal Amy Joynes, please view the attachment below labelled applicant Info Pack which details Job Description and Personal Spec along with a Letter from the Headteacher and more information about working at Stanchester Academy.
What you offer:
- A clear passion for your subject with the ability to build relationships quickly and immerse yourself in Academy life as a big team player.
- High expectations for all your students and the willingness to go the extra mile.
Please click the ‘Quick Apply’ button below to complete the application form.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 24th April 2018 and candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after. Interview date Wednesday 2 May 2018.
For further information contact, Liz Joynes by telephone: 01935 827240, or by
e-mail: LJoynes@educ.somerset.gov.uk or visit our website
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure Procedure.