We are seeking a dynamic educator for the full time, continuing position of Middle Leader of Religious Education (Tier 2, initial three-year appointment as Middle Leader, two subsequent three-year appointments as Middle Leader will be offered following a successful performance review). This role supports the Assistant Principal Religious Education in the delivery of a contemporary and engaging Religious Education curriculum. To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• a strong understanding of the Archdiocese of Brisbane Religious Education Curriculum,
• experience teaching religious education at a Catholic school,
• the ability to lead teaching teams to deliver excellent learning and teaching,
• confidence with all aspects of BCE learning and teaching initiatives,
• strong and effective organisational and communication skills,
• an ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• an ability to attend to detail in innovative and creative practices,
• a preparedness to contribute to the enhancement of our school culture.
Applicants are required to address these points in the "letter of application" section of the on-line application form. As this position requires classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
St Thomas More College is a Brisbane Catholic Education co-educational secondary college catering for over 1050 students. Our College opened in 1974 and from inception developed a strong commitment to the pastoral care of students. At the core of all that we do is our mission to provide a holistic education to all students. This mission, inspired by Jesus, is to seek, grow and serve by fostering in all students: a commitment to our Christian faith; a commitment to learning; and a sense of community. Come and share the vision for all our graduates. A vision that is explicit about beliefs, values and capacity for informed choice in an ever changing world. A vision of young people with soul, personal integrity and the skills to achieve success in life.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2020
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Continuing
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"):
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Sharne Davies
Contact Telephone Number: 3323 4600
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window