Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Middle School English Teacher at our Independent client school located Kuwait
About the Role:
- Middle School English Teacher
- Teaching Years 7-9 English
- Located in Kuwait
- Job Reference: #TES1711-522894LAL
- Commencing Immediately
- Full time, 2 year contract with option to renew for one and two year periods after initial contract has expired
- Tax-free salary paid in local currency
- Yearly roundtrip ticket to home country
- International health insurance
- Furnished apartment with all utilities included
- Two year contract bonus (Payable upon return for Year 2)
About the School:
- Private K – 12 School that teaches an American curriculum to predominately Kuwaiti students within an environment in which Islamic values are respected and practiced
- Islam and Arabic are taught by native Arabic speakers
- Large proportion of ESL Learners
- Two Campuses – Boys and Girls Campus
- School is fully accredited by the Council of International Schools and Middle States Association
- The school has been offering the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) program for high school students. They can participate in the full program and receive an IB diploma, or they can take certain IB classes and earn certificates for each class.
About the Location:
Located in the north-east corner of the Arabian Peninsula, Kuwait is one of the smallest countries in the world in terms of land area. Kuwait, an Arab country on the Persian (Arabian) Gulf, has cultural heritage dating back to antiquity. Kuwait City, the capital, is known for its modern architecture, ranging from skyscrapers to the striking Kuwait Towers, water towers whose design recalls the tiled domes of a classic mosque. The Tareq Rajab Museum houses a rich collection of ethnographic artefacts and Islamic art. Kuwaiti popular culture, in the form of theatre, radio, music, and television soap opera, flourishes and is even exported to neighbouring states. Within the Gulf Arab states, the culture of Kuwait is the closest to the culture of Bahrain; this is evident in the close association between the two states in theatrical productions and soap operas. Football, Basketball and Ice Hockey are the most popular sports. The spring season in March is warm with occasional thunderstorms. Summers in Kuwait are some of the hottest on earth. Kuwait experiences colder winters. Kuwait has the highest literacy rate in the Arab world. The general education system consists of four levels: kindergarten (lasting for 2 years), primary (lasting for 5 years), intermediate (lasting for 4 years) and secondary (lasting for 3 years). Schooling at primary and intermediate level is compulsory for all students aged 6 – 14. All the levels of state education, including higher education, are free. Kuwait has an extensive and modern network of highways. Roadways extended 5,749 km (3,572 mi), of which 4,887 km (3,037 mi) is paved. There are more than 2 million passenger cars, and 500,000 commercial taxis, buses, and trucks in use. On major highways the maximum speed is 120 km/h (75 mph). Since there is no railway system in the country, most people travel by automobiles. Kuwait's official language is Modern Standard Arabic, but its everyday usage is limited to journalism and education. Kuwaiti Arabic is the variant of Arabic used in everyday life. English is widely understood and often used as a business language. Beside English, French is taught as a third language for the students of the humanities at schools, but for two years only.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in subject specific to role
- Minimum of two years of teaching experience
- Must be respectful of the school values and ethos
- Possess and provide appropriate professional reference details
The Benefits of Working with Smart Teachers:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. To find out more about Smart please visit our website
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in Australia and meet all national safeguarding criteria. To apply please send your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number #TES1711-522894LAL.
Please include your visa status on your CV or if you hold an Australian or New Zealand passport.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and Conditions Apply).