We are seeking a motivated and experienced Middle School Science Teacher to join our vibrant internationally-minded community.
Main duties and responsibilities
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Teach a full timetable of 28/40 lessons per week.
- Be suitably competent in the delivery of Middle School Science program.
- Be at home within the classroom and online; be able to plan and conduct lessons using Microsoft Teams, Zoom.
- Be experienced and passionate in using your knowledge of current theory and practice in teaching and learning, and SEND, to provide a highly effective and differentiated curriculum delivery, in a stimulating and enjoyable way.
- Be an enthusiastic team player, willing to go above a beyond to facilitate the learning and experience of the young people in your care.
- Be engaged with the school ethos, thinking creatively and reflectively within an open, honest and hardworking team, while keeping the needs of the young people in your care firmly at the centre.
- Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils and contribute positively to the life of the school.
- Be part of our vibrant community providing additional enrichment activities twice per week.
- Participate in teachers’ professional development, faculty, and staff meetings.
- Collaboration in vertical and horizontal planning will be an expectation.
Candidate’s qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Education.
- A PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Experience working in a context in which students are taught in English, but for whom English may be a second language.
- Able to map and plan an Science curriculum, designing differentiated teaching tasks for children with English as a second language.
Salary and benefits package:
- Housing allowance (provided throughout the term of the contract).
- Medical insurance.
- Moving and shipment allowance.
- Contribution to flights.
- Career Professional Development opportunities.
- 9 weeks of paid holiday.
- Salary per month: 2250 – 2650 EURO net (after taxes)
- All taxes paid (in accordance with Tax Policy and Latvian State Regulations).