An excellent opportunity has arisen at one of South America’s leading schools.
We are looking for an innovative and enthusiastic pedagogical leader to coordinate the Middle Years Programme and curriculum in our bilingual school for March 2016, or as soon as possible thereafter. The role will involve working closely with teachers as part of the Middle Section management team and assisting the Academic Director in raising standards of teaching and learning in line with the school’s strategic plan and Chilean national requirements. The role also encompasses all the duties and responsibilities set out by the IBO as the school’s MYP coordinator.
As an IB World School, experience, knowledge and commitment to the MYP are essential; as are excellent interpersonal skills and experience of leading a team. The right candidate will have the drive, empathy and professionalism to inspire students and teachers to be risk-takers. We require a leader who will motivate, challenge and support colleagues to develop as professionals through designing and delivering professional development opportunities. High expectations, effective organisational skills and an ability to lead talented professionals through open communication are also essential personal qualities.
- Teaching qualification (PGCE or equivalent) plus a minimum 5 years experience required.
- Current experience and training in the MYP.
- Fluent English or Spanish speakers with an ability to communicate effectively in the other language.
- Required for March-July 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter, the contract is initially for three years and includes an attractive compensation package at international level.
- Letters of application together with Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees should be e-mailed to the Headmaster
- Closing date: 17th November.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding MYP Coordinator to join the management team of our Middle Section.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To assist the Academic Director and Head of Section in the implementation of the school’s strategic plan, setting out very high expectations and with a clear focus on pupil achievement, standards and quality of teaching.
- To lead teaching, learning and assessment in the Middle Section.
- To coordinate the IB Middle Years Programme and ensure that the school complies with all statutory requirements from the IBO.
- To ensure that the curriculum in the Middle Section complies with all statutory requirements from the Chilean Ministry of Education and the IBO.
- To assist the Academic Director in raising the quality of teaching and learning by observing lessons and giving feedback to teachers.
- To assist the Academic Director in raising the quality of teaching and learning by monitoring pupils’ work and teachers’ planning.
- To assist the Academic Director in raising the quality of teaching and learning by making a significant contribution to the school’s continuing professional development programme, delivering CPD and working with individuals and teams in a variety of professional development activities.
- To inspire, motivate and influence staff and pupils, taking a leading role in maintaining the highest standards of teaching and learning and behaviour management.
- To provide an excellent role model for members of staff and pupils in all aspects of school life.
This would be a particularly suitable post for a candidate seeking to prepare for a future position in senior leadership.
- Applicants will have a first degree with a teaching qualification and have a minimum of 5 years teaching experience.
- Applicants will have a proven track record in a management post and have experience of the MYP.
- Applicants will be fluent English or Spanish speakers and also have an ability to communicate in the other language.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a highly committed team player with the drive, energy and passion to help develop this highly successful school.
- Be an adaptable educator and innovative leader with a passion for learning.
- Have clear communication skills and excellent organisational skills.
- Have good interpersonal skills and experience of leading a team.
- Have high expectations that motivate, support and challenge teachers and students alike.
- An enthusiastic learning community of students, teachers, parents and Board members, who all are dedicated to maximise student achievement for each and every child, and to create positive learning opportunities within and beyond the classroom.
- Working within a team of highly driven and supportive colleagues.
- Excellent professional development.