Permanent 37 hours per week
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the reshaping of the MIS team. The College requires an MIS Assistant who can support various aspects of MIS work communicating with Senior Managers, Heads of Department, curriculum staff, and external agencies, ensuring the delivery of an efficient and compliant service.
An aptitude for working with data and creating reports is required. Experience is beneficial but not essential as training in SQL and Report Designer could be provided. Experience of programming or a willingness to develop programming skills is desirable but not essential.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual who can communicate effectively and provide excellent levels of service. The post holder will report to the MIS Manager and be required to work both individually and also as part of a team in carrying out their duties. The normal working hours would be 8:30am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday. Some occasional out of hours’ work will be necessary e.g. following enrolment relating to student timetables.
• Be customer focused and proactive in your approach to all aspects of the work
• Have an understanding of the importance of MIS and be prepared to keep updated with changes
• Ideally have enhanced skills in working with data using spreadsheets and / or databases
• Possess excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels and the ability to interpret and implement the needs of non-technical customers
• Have excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Be proactive with the ability to act on your own initiative
• Be adaptable and willing to provide cover and support within MIS as required
In return, we will offer an attractive benefits package including the Local Government Pension Scheme and the opportunity to further your professional development in a supportive and friendly environment.
If you wish to have an informal discussion regarding this role contact Mark Ridgway, IT Director/Head of IT and Computer Science 01432 355166.
A satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure is required.
Closing Date: Monday 15th January 2018
Interview Date: Monday 30th January 2018
How to apply
To apply visit our website www.hereford.ac.uk/jobs to download an application form. Applications must be made on the College’s application form and sent to Kate Bateman, HR Officer, Hereford Sixth Form College, Folly Lane, Hereford. HR1 1LU or emailed to email@example.com
Please note we do not accept C.V.’s.