MFL Curriculum Lead
MPS + TLR 2C
From 1st September 2020
This is an exceptional opportunity as we look for a leader to join us at this incredibly exciting time in the school’s history. The governors of this oversubscribed 11-16 Voluntary Aided RC High School are seeking to appoint a qualified and enthusiastic Curriculum Lead for MFL.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative individual with ambition and drive, who is passionate about improving the lives of young people. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who wishes to develop their leadership skills being supported by an Assistant Headteacher who is a linguist specialist. As the successful candidate grows in leadership strength it is expected that they will be able to take on a more substantive TLR. Joining a dynamic and forward looking middle leadership team you will be given the opportunity to be at the forefront of a fast paced life-transforming team.
This role primarily about establishing high standards necessary for students to achieve success in Modern Foreign Languages. The foundations of this department are solid making this a perfect opportunity for a new leader to make their mark and allow student progress to soar. The successful candidate will lead by example and create a positive culture of high ambition both for staff and students.
As a Catholic Christian community, we offer a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to engage with wonderfully able students who with the right guidance can be inspired to achieve the highest grades. The school has a very successful and effective induction programme for new colleagues. We are committed to developing leaders and preparing middle leaders for more senior roles by supporting them through nationally recognised leadership qualifications and opportunities to lead initiatives and improve the progress of our young people.
We are very determined in our mission to transform the lives of young people and create outstanding life chances through educational achievement. We are looking for an innovative, outstanding teacher to inspire students of all ages and abilities.
The successful candidate will:
• Be willing to actively support the Catholic Christian ethos of our school
• Have leadership experience with a proven track record (e.g. at second in department level)
• Have a passion for teaching and have the potential to inspire students and colleagues with a wide range of teaching and learning strategies
• Have a high level of assessment, monitoring, tracking and intervention skills
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
• Have the resilience to work as a team to mend broken lives, fan the flames of enthusiasm and further inspire those who are already excited about a bright future
• Have the drive to prepare young people to be ‘game changers’ in the world.
Jesus Christ is our family role model
Opening our hearts and minds to dream the impossible and achieve beyond our wildest imagination.
Everybody is valued, nurtured and respected.
Young and old will journey together to build God’s Kingdom.
Striving for academic excellence and celebrating success in all we do.
Do you have what it takes to realise our dream? Can you inspire young people to ‘dream the impossible and achieve beyond their wildest imagination?’ Be part of our life transforming team!