Modern Foreign Languages Teacher - NQT/MPS/UPS - Starting September 2020
The Governing Body of Pleckgate High School wish to appoint a hardworking and dynamic MFL Teacher able to teach across the age and ability range up to and including GCSE. The ability to teach French is essential and the ability to teach a second language (German or Urdu) is desirable. The MFL department is an outstanding department, achieving excellent results.
The MFL department consists of a team of four experienced and highly motivated staff and we are looking for a candidate who can play a central role in building on the strengths and success of the MFL department and the school.
We can offer you:
• A culturally and socially diverse student body who behave well and are keen to learn.
• A long history of strong GCSE outcomes.
• State-of-the-art facilities.
• Hardworking students and a committed body of teachers and support staff.
• Opportunities to work with primary schools on supporting the growth of languages across schools.
• Support from an experienced and subject specialist team.
• An ICT rich environment where all students have mini iPads and all teachers have iPads and a MacBook.
• Part of a growing MAT with associated benefits such as Health and Dental Care Plans for staff.
We are looking for somebody who is:
• Passionate and knowledgeable about the teaching and learning of languages with an understanding of developments in education and languages specifically.
• Positive, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Committed to outstanding teaching and learning practices.
• Able to engage, motivate and inspire students and colleagues.
• Enthusiastic with regard to curriculum implementation and extra-curricular opportunities.
• A successful practitioner with a track record or clear commitment to high expectations and successful student outcomes.
• Committed to their own professional development.
The Education Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding its children; therefore, an enhanced DBS clearance will be undertaken for the successful applicant(s). The Trust (and its schools) are legally obligated to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before making appointments to relevant posts.
Incomplete application forms will not be shortlisted, if you need to discuss a reason for being unable to complete a section, please call the recruitment team on 01254 790026.
For a confidential discussion about this post or alternative ways to apply, please contact 01254 790026
Closing Date: Monday 27 January 2020 09:00