About the role
We have four part-time fixed term Speech Pathologist roles across several schools in the Brisbane Archdiocese.
These roles contribute to the high quality learning and teaching in our schools by providing a collaborative and consultative speech pathology service, responsive to the school context and with a student specific focus which complements the speech pathology services provided by School Services.
Roles are available at the schools listed below and can be applied to singly or in combination.
Please select those for which you would like to be considered in the application form.
- Develop, implement and evaluate speech pathology services to promote student communication, learning and well-being outcomes
- Optimise the quality of service outcomes in partnership with the school community
- Maintain standards of practice and competencies consistent with Speech Pathology Australia and BCE policies and guidelines>
Qualifications & Registration
- Speech Pathology qualifications
- Blue Card or QCT registration
Skills & Experience
- Clinical competence in differential diagnosis and intervention for children/adolescents with communication difficulties and the capacity to effectively apply this knowledge and expertise within the educational or other organisational contexts.
- Experience working within educational environments
- Experience working collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams
- Problem solving skills
- Communication and networking skills
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Please submit your application online summarising your suitability for the role and demonstrate how your skills, knowledge and attributes will enable you to deliver the key results (refer to the Role Description) areas and perform the role successfully.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2020
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: Up to 52 weeks per year including school holidays
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): 2020 school year
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 2 days per week (12 hours/wk) - days negotiable
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: $68,036 to $93,032 (pro rata) per annum plus Super
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Martin Lewis
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3201 6188
Contact Email: email@example.com
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window
Role Description - Speech Pathologist - School Based Opens in new window