Siena Catholic College is seeking suitably qualified, passionate, committed and student focused educators with the ability and experience to teach a combination of any of the following subjects: RE, Humanities, English, Film, TV & New Media, Food & Nutrition, Cert II/III Hospitality/Tourism, Digital Technology, Mathematics, Business.
Applicants should address the following in their on-line application:
- qualifications and experience in these subjects;
- effective communication skills;
- proven ability and commitment to work collaboratively with colleagues (incl. co-planning & review), students and parents/carers;
- understanding of the Australian Curriculum and Queensland’s new QCE system;
- understanding of Brisbane Catholic Education’s Model of Pedagogy (incl. evidence-based, high yield teaching & learning practices) and Excellent Learning and Teaching Strategy;
- evidence of personal innovation and excellence in teaching and learning;
- preparedness to contribute to the co- and extra-curricular programs of the College and a reflection on the four Pillars of Dominican Charism - Prayer, Study, Community and Service.
Multiple positions, both fixed-term and continuing. Graduate and early career teachers are encouraged to apply.
Siena Catholic College is a contemporary secondary co-educational systemic school, administered by Brisbane Catholic Education on behalf of the Archdiocese of Brisbane. Located at Sippy Downs on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, Siena Catholic College strives live the Dominic spirit of Prayer, Study, Community and Service.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time & Part Time positions available + Fixed Term and Continuing positions available
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2021 school year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: Negotiated hours
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Caraline Preston
Contact Telephone Number: 5476 6100
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brisbane Catholic Education