Vacancy - Music and Spanish teacher
We are looking for a music teacher to join us in the new school year. This will primarily involve teaching class music to children from FS1 to Y9 as well as some Spanish to children in Y3 and Y4.
1. Have a UK teaching qualification with QTS for this age group
2. Have taught in a school in the UK.
3. Understand and believe in our school vision which is to be...
A happy community school with amazing learning at its heart where pupils are empowered to make choices, engage in meaningful learning experiences and make exceptional progress.
The role - Job description for teachers
For all staff in school we share a responsibility to ensure that children are safe and properly supervised at all times. Our school is committed to ‘amazing learning’- providing enjoyable and meaningful learning experiences so that every pupil makes as much progress as possible. All staff are expected to adhere to The Aquila Professional Code of Conduct and commit to promoting our vision .
Key qualities and skills:
- To be able to teach in an enjoyable, creative, and inclusive way, promoting independence, so that every child, including those who attend the Hemam centre, makes as much progress as possible
- To be able to develop positive working relationships with all members of the school community
- To be able to use initiative, be flexible, fun, proactive and positive
- To be accountable for ensuring that children are inspired, motivated and equipped to make as much progress with their learning as possible through ‘real learning’
- To work collaboratively, coaching, supporting and training colleagues and families
- To have a positive impact on the work of the school
Key duties for all teachers include:
- To ensure children are safe and well cared for at all times
- To plan and deliver creative and engaging lessons, ensuring that children are actively learning throughout each lesson and that every child makes as much progress as possible
- To ensure effective communication and direct the work of others, as appropriate
- To lead CAS activities, participating and leading staff training and contributing to the establishment and development of the school community
- To comply with our agreed policies and Aquila Ways
- To actively engage with our school community e.g. through newsletters, informal dialogue, reporting, supporting school functions and contributing to community and marketing activities to make The Aquila School the school of choice for our community.
- To actively participate in the performance management process of self and others
- To be involved in improving learning across the school as a subject leader
Additional duties for this teacher:
• To develop and teach an inclusive music curriculum to all children in the school
• To manage the provision of instrumental tuition for all pupils
• To promote and organise within and cross school musical events-such as choir and bands which may involve weekend and after school commitments
• To promote and organise activities to engage the whole school community in all aspects of music and performance arts
• To promote singing within and beyond the curriculum across the school through choirs and events
• To teach Spanish in an enjoyable and engaging way
The Aquila School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
To be line managed by the Heads of Primary and Secondary
Hours of work- 7.30am-4.00pm Sunday to Thursday plus occasional evening and weekend work
Holidays- as per the school calendar
See the attached job pack
- A generous tax free salary
- End of service gratuity
Staff on our sponsorship will also be eligible to receive:
- Housing allowance OR school accommodation
- Health care for employee and up to 2 dependent children (if you sponsor them)
- Annual flight allowance for employee
- Two free places for children to attend The Aquila School under the assumption the school can meet their needs
Staff under our sponsorship not currently in the UAE receive the above and:
- Flight into the UAE at start of contract and back to home country at end of contract
Benefit eligibility is dependent on family status at the time of joining and will require verification.
How to apply
Interested applicants should ensure they meet the person specification and apply via the TES portal. There is no closing date for this post – an appointment will be made as soon as a suitable applicant is found. Please include CV with your application.
About the International Schools Partnership Group
The Aquila School is owned by a London based company called International Schools Partnership (ISP). The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a growing group of committed colleagues in financially responsible schools around the world, all of which aim to be the school of choice in their local area. Learning is at the heart of everything we do for our pupils, colleagues and parents. We are committed to getting better, all the time.
ISP was founded by an experienced team of committed educationalists and commercial operators who have worked together over many years. Our growing group of private schools located in the UK, the USA, Spain, Costa Rica, Chile, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Malaysia, and Mexico educate children and pupils from 2-18 years of age. We have now expanded to 48 schools delivering multiple curricula and building on local brands and reputations with around 40,000 pupils and 7,000 staff located across the globe.
We believe that successful schools are the ones that put learning at the heart of everything they do, always aiming to create rounded individuals that are able to forge successful careers and lives in a rapidly changing world. Our goal is to enable our schools as the leading school of choice in their local area. We are a truly international group working in different cultures and speaking different languages. We work across countries and cultures, too, by working with each other and with other schools and communities. At ISP we continue to engage with schools around the world who are interested in becoming part of our global group of schools and look forward to welcoming more pupils and staff to the group.
All our schools:
- Help children and pupils learn to levels that amaze them.
- Inspire children and pupils to be successful now and equip them to be successful later.
- Are truly international, working in partnerships within and across regions, cultures and languages.
- Aim to be the schools of choice for children, pupils and their families, wherever we are.
The Aquila School
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years