We are seeking to appoint a committed, dynamic and inspirational Head of Department who will motivate and encourage our students to realise their full potential in music. You will demonstrate the skills, expertise and passion to inspire and encourage students to stretch their skill and ability at every level.
Prospect is a successful 11-18 school with a strong focus on learning in all aspects of its work. There are 1,350 students on roll, including 170 students in the Sixth Form. The teaching is geared to meet the needs of the diverse community it serves, operating under an inclusive and candid ethos. Prospect School is a progressive and vibrant learning community that focuses on raising the aspirations and realising the potential of every young person. The school is at the forefront of many educational initiatives, and has a very positive attitude to change. The school has excellent facilities and is situated on a pleasant, green and open site and is conveniently located near to the motorway network and has excellent public transport options.
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to join a very successful Music and Drama team of committed and highly qualified teachers
- a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is important
- great facilities and resources
- generous non-contact time so you can lead the department
- comprehensive Middle Leadership development programme which includes opportunities to access NPQML, NPQSL, Teaching Leaders and Future Leaders
- opportunities to lead on whole school projects
- opportunity to participate in the SSAT TEEP programme
- to become part of Prospect School at its most pivotal and exciting time.
To be successful, you will need to:
- be an excellent role model and classroom practitioner, who is prepared to be innovative in their teaching
- have the experience to manage an extremely able team, or the ability to develop coaching, mentoring and leadership skills with our support
- provide opportunities outside of the classroom that inspire and engage
- have the ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and parents
- share our passion for an extra-curricular programme.
We welcome visits from candidates. If you are interested in joining us and would like to visit the school, please contact Headteacher’s P.A., Mrs L Akister on 0118 902 3152 or email email@example.com to make an appointment.
Please complete the application form and a supporting statement of no more than two A4 pages outlining why you are suitable for the position. Only applications on Prospect’s application form will be accepted. CVs are not accepted.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The recruitment of the successful applicant will be subject to enhanced DBS certificate and registration with the update service. Prospect School is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date: Midday, Monday 21 May 2018.
We encourage early applications, and reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time should the right candidate be found.